The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury Vote_lcapFormer UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury Voting_barFormer UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury Vote_lcapFormer UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury Voting_barFormer UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury Empty
PostSubject: you got to be kidding me, Cruz tears acl again!!!   Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:33 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dominick-cruz-suffers-another-acl-injury-indefinitely-214607940--mma.html

will be out indefinitely. He should just hang them up. not that he cant hang with the best in the world or any thing but his injuries keep preventing him from making any serious head way for another title shot.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10259

Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury Empty
PostSubject: Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury   Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:35 pm

If Dominick Cruz wasn’t already the unluckiest fighter in the UFC from an injury standpoint, he pretty much has to be now. Cruz announced on his Facebook page on Monday announced he has suffered another injury that will put him on the shelf for an as yet undetermined amount of time. This time, an injury to the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee is to blame. “It is with great sadness to report I have experienced another ACL injury,” Cruz said on the social media site. “This time it’s in the right knee, opposite side of my first and second ACL injuries. Leading up to my last fight in September and after, I have practiced a very careful and methodical training and diet regime to keep my body healthy. Unfortunately, this is beyond my understanding and control. I don’t have a timetable for my return but trust and know I will pour my heart and soul into returning to the Octagon. I want to thank the UFC, my fans and my sponsors ahead of time for your support and prayers. I appreciate you more than you could understand. I don’t have any other facts to share right now. I, along with my camp, respectfully request privacy at this difficult time. Thank You.” Prior to this, Cruz suffered two ACL injuries to his left knee, as well as a groin injury that kept him on the sideline for nearly three years. He returned in September and blitzed through Takeya Mizugaki for a first-round knockout. Cruz’s (20-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) win over Mizugaki came at UFC 178 in Las Vegas. But prior to that, he last fought on Oct. 1, 2011, when he defended his bantamweight title against Demetrious Johnson at UFC on VERSUS 6 in Washington, D.C. Since that time, Johnson has dropped a weight class and won the flyweight title – and defended it four times, to give some type of understanding to just how long Cruz was sidelined. Cruz suffered the first of his injuries in May 2012, when he blew out his left knee while coaching Season 15 of “The Ultimate Fighter” opposite rival Urijah Faber. That postponed their UFC 148 title fight. While rehabbing, Cruz had to undergo a second knee surgery in December 2012 when his body didn’t take to the first surgery properly. After a lengthy rehab through all of 2013, Cruz was set for a title unification bout against then-interim champ Renan Barao at UFC 169. But once again, an injury took him out, this time a torn groin. wrote:

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/12/former-ufc-champ-dominick-cruz-sidelined-indefinitely-with-another-acl-injury
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury   Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:36 pm

damn son... thats a real bummer. i was hoping he was fighting renan barao next
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury   Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:38 pm

beat me by 3 minutes lol
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3790

PostSubject: Re: Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury   Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 11:09 pm

FUCK
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury   Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 7:54 am

drainbamage wrote:
beat me by 3 minutes lol

I said it before i will say it again. Great minds think alike lol!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury   Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 7:57 am

I really think he needs to retire. Which sucks cause this is the worst type of retirement. When you know you can still hang in the top ten and even make a title run but you cant stay healthy enough to do it.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury   Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:16 am

Yeah, at this point who knows how long his leg holds out after it heals again... It's gotta be nearing time to hang em up.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury   Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Gecko wrote:
I really think he needs to retire. Which sucks cause this is the worst type of retirement. When you know you can still hang in the top ten and even make a title run but you cant stay healthy enough to do it.

as much as i hate to see those words you are 100% correct. its a shame because there are so many good fights for him right now.

really sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury   Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury Empty

Back to top Go down

Former UFC champ Dominick Cruz sidelined indefinitely with another ACL injury
Page 1 of 1