The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
chandler explains what happened Vote_lcapchandler explains what happened Voting_barchandler explains what happened Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
chandler explains what happened Vote_lcapchandler explains what happened Voting_barchandler explains what happened Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

chandler explains what happened

Go down 
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

chandler explains what happened Empty
PostSubject: chandler explains what happened   chandler explains what happened EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:06 am

"It wasn’t an eyepoke," Chandler said. "I’m not going to come here and say it was anything more than a punch. I saw the replay. Will hit me pretty square and, it’s a fight. My face is beat up, his is beat up, this is what we do. We go out there and lay it on the line. You win some, you lose some, and sometime weird things like that happen. I’ll be back."

Ironically, Brooks was the one at the hospital after the bout, taking care of an undisclosed injury, while Chandler made it to the press conference. As for why Chandler, who was drilled in the ear by a Brooks punch on his way back to his feet, saw fit to wave his arms, he simply didn’t have a good answer.

"I went back and watched the replay," Chandler said. "How the body works, what happens, what happened there,’ it does look like I lost sight of something. I was up, but obviously the ref stepped in."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/11/16/7228259/micahel-chandler-explains-strange-ending-to-loss-against-will-brooks

dont know if we really needed this explanation because it was pretty obvious what happened but this is of some concern to me about chandlers future. he is young and has been beat up in his last few fights and id hate to see him go that diego sanchez/chris leben route. guys like that have their careers cut short.

maybe im over exaggerating it but for a kid that young to completely blackout after a punch like that cant be good in anyway. does anyone know if this is a sign that there could be any kind of permanent damage or is this just what happens sometimes if you get your bell rung?
Back to top Go down

chandler explains what happened
Page 1 of 1