The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! Vote_lcapAndrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! Voting_barAndrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! Vote_lcapAndrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! Voting_barAndrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!!

Go down 
+3
Gecko
Chrom
Triggerman99
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! Empty
PostSubject: Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!!   Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Quote :
After six years fighting outside of the organization, former heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski returns to the UFC. UFC president Dana White tweeted the news on Thursday and a UFC official later confirmed the news with MMAWeekly.com.

Arlovski (21-10, 1 NC) captured the interim UFC heavyweight title at UFC 51 in February 2005 by submitting Tim Sylvia with an achilles lock in just 47 seconds. He defended the title against the late Justin Eilers at UFC 53 and was named the heavyweight champion. He defeated Paul Buentello at UFC 55 before losing back-to-back fights to Tim Sylvia.

He last competed in the Octagaon on March 1, 2008 at UFC 82 where he defeated Jake O’Brien by technical knockout. He left the UFC on good terms and signed with the now defunct Affliction fight promotion and fought in their inaugural event in July 2008. He next fought in an EliteXC and Affliction co-promoted event knocking out Roy Nelson. In January 2009, Arlovski got the fight every heavyweight was clamoring for at the time, a match-up with Fedor Emelianenko at Affiction: Day of Reckoning. He lost via knockout to the former Pride champion in the first round. He’d lose his next three fights under the Strikeforce banner.

Following his stint in Strikeforce, Arlovski fought in ProElite, ONE FC and World Series of Fighting. He’s gone 6-1-1 in his last eight fights. Arlovski last competed on Nov. 29, 2013, defeating Andreas Kraniotakes by TKO.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/former-heavyweight-champion-andrei-arlovski-returns-to-the-ufc

Glad to see him back. With Liddell retired, Anderson Silva on the sideline, and the Diaz brothers taking aself-imposed sabbaticals, I really needed to see one of my favorite fighters back in the big show!

WAR PITBULL!!!
 War!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!!   Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:43 pm

THIS IS FUCKIN AWESOME NEWS!
Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! Soccer-kick
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!!   Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 2:38 am

Right on bro!

I'm hoping we get a matchup against another striker so we can see a beastly standup fight.
Maybe Mittrione, Nog, or a Roy Nelson rematch!!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!!   Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:29 am

Pitbull and big country rematch FTW!!!!!!  cheers 

Very happy to hear he is back in the ufc.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!!   Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 8:21 am

Sounds like his first fight will be against Schaub. Not a bad matchup. Baby girl chin vs baby girl chin.

WAR AA and his cooler baby girl chin!!!
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3790

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!!   Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Fuck yeah man, Andrei was one of the guys who got me into MMA!
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7966

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!!   Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:44 pm

poor arlovski...
he will get ko'd soon. i like him and i've met him (scary looking dude) but he is not smart enough to change and improve his game
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!!   Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Yeah I'm betting he'll be gone again soon. I'm just hoping we get a standup war or two before then.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!!   Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 11:37 am

I think Andrei's biggest problem has been his ego (glass jaw doesn't help). He always thought he should be earning more. I think if he had stuck it out with the UFC he'd be rich and retired. Having said that I love watching this guy fight and glad to see him back.

KO'ing Nelson would be a good way to restart his UFC career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!!   Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Andrei Arlovski is back in the UFC!!!
Page 1 of 1