The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed Vote_lcapPat Healy tests posiitve for weed Voting_barPat Healy tests posiitve for weed Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed Vote_lcapPat Healy tests posiitve for weed Voting_barPat Healy tests posiitve for weed Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed Empty
PostSubject: Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed   Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:54 am

Quote :
The Pot Patrol has flashed its lights once again. This time it’s newly acquired UFC lightweight, Pat “Bam Bam” Healy.

Following one of the most exciting, hard fought and important wins of his career Pat Healy tested positive for marijuana. The positive test comes on the heels of his UFC debut in which he dominated Jim Miller in New Jersey at UFC 159 in a scrap that ended up also winning him “Fight of the Night” honors on April 27th.

Healy released a formal statement through Josh House, CEO of Iridium Sports Agency, apologizing for his misfortunate failed drug test. Here is the statement:

“I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, it’s fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller. I was fully aware of the UFC and State Commissions drug policies and made poor life choices. I stand behind the UFC and the State Commission’s disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA and sports a clean, safe and fair place to compete. First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge and take responsibility for my mistake. I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and State Commission asks of me and beyond. I will also make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community.”
Neither the UFC nor the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board have commented on the issue. These two entities will eventually be responsible for passing down fines, suspensions, and ultimately turning his outstanding performance from a “win” to a “no-contest” for the petty marijuana infraction

http://www.bjpenn.com/pat-healy-tests-positive-for-marijuana-following-fight-of-the-night-win-over-jim-miller/

Oh balls! Here we go again...... goddamn pot giving unfair advantages to fighters by making them immune to pain and giving them special fighting abilities so that they can pull off spectacular finishes, or something. Better turn the result of this fight into a NC..........

Wait,

Remind me again how marijuana gives you a fucking advantage in a fight?!
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed   Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:43 am

it makes you much coolier than your opponent(too cool to punch).......and you probably have some kick ass rock n roll theme music running through your head which makes you immune to fatigue and yet 1 step "higher" on the cool meter...its very much like TRT or roids....when i get high i never get sleepy or hungry for a snickers....ever! and have I levels of motavation that are off the charts.....and rage....a deep dark animalistic rage that can not be defused without blood shed and consumption of another human soul.......
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed   Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:13 pm

norcalmatt wrote:
it makes you much coolier than your opponent(too cool to punch).......and you probably have some kick ass rock n roll theme music running through your head which makes you immune to fatigue and yet 1 step "higher" on the cool meter...its very much like TRT or roids....when i get high i never get sleepy or hungry for a snickers....ever! and have I levels of motavation that are off the charts.....and rage....a deep dark animalistic rage that can not be defused without blood shed and consumption of another human soul.......

cheers
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed   Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:23 pm

I don't have anything to add. Matt fucking nailed it!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed   Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:39 am

Thats fucking BS!

Poor Pat! That is going to end up being a $130k joint he smoked. He's gonna lose his fight of the night bonus as well as his win and show Sad
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed   Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:58 am

Yup, %80 of his purse for that is ABSURD!!!
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed   Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:51 pm

Oh well. Hard to feel sorry for a guy named after Matt Dillon's character in Something About Mary. I mean to each his own, I don't care if you get high. But if your boss says don't do it then you should leave the shit alone. Can't you put 30 days together without it? Maybe you DO have a problem.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed   Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:44 am

That movie was on Comedy Central today, and I watched it, and totally laughed my ass my every time his name was mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed   Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed Empty

Back to top Go down

Pat Healy tests posiitve for weed
Page 1 of 1