The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared Vote_lcapKing Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared Voting_barKing Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared Vote_lcapKing Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared Voting_barKing Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared Empty
PostSubject: King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared   King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:24 am

Quote :
Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal took some time out Wednesday night to talk with BJPenn.com Radio and discuss a number of topics. King Mo is a busy man nowadays, fighting for Bellator Fighting Championships as a light heavyweight and fighting in TNA Wrestling.

Not one to shy away from headlines, Mo is one of the more high-profile fighters on Bellator’s roster. In his second Bellator fight last month, however, he suffered an unexpected knockout loss at the hands of Emanuel Newton’s spinning back fist. King Mo opened up with BJPenn.com Radio about the recent loss and his reaction.

“I didn’t take nothing from it, man,” Lawal said, “worse shit happens. It’s not like the dude thought, ‘Alright, I’m going to throw a one-two-three- spinning back fist.’ The mother****** had his back turned and was scared, so he threw that spinning back fist because he didn’t know where the f*** I was at, and it landed. You know what I’m saying, camp went good, trained hard for him, it’s not like he was setting that thing up the whole time, he just threw that s*** out the blue. S*** lands sometimes, you know what I’m saying? If it’s a rematch, 99% of the time, I’m going to win that fight. The dude knew it, he knew it, that’s why he was so shocked when it landed. It is what it is, you know what I’m saying, I ain’t take nothing from it. I’m not going to change shit that I do. S*** happens, know what I’m saying, so I’m just going to be more aware of spinning s*** that I don’t see, make sure I see it.”

Only the second loss of King Mo’s MMA career, the light heavyweight fighter remains confident in his skills. He trains with top level mma fighters and boxers, but he insists that his training had nothing to do with the loss. The punch was, to put it bluntly, lucky.

“Striking is striking, training is training,” he said in response to questions about his preparation. “Not many people throw spinning back fists in training because people get hurt from it. You don’t see spinning back fists… in Showtime because people get hurt from it, you don’t throw it. In K-1, how many times do you see it? How many spinning back fists have you ever seen? How many people throw spinning back fists? Cung Le is one, Shonie Carter, and that’s about it…. [Emanuel Newton] wasn’t outlanding me, I was outlanding him. He didn’t test me with nothing really, I was testing him. He was switching and going backwards, we threw a combo, an exchange; he had his back turned to me, I thought he was running away, and he threw a spinning back fist. People want to make a bigger deal about it, that’s the way it is, you know what I’m saying? People win, people lose. In a rematch, that s*** wouldn’t happen. If you watch the fight, the dude was like, ‘well, I looked over my shoulder.’ Mother****** you didn’t look over your damn shoulder, you threw that s*** out of fear. Because when you throw a spinning back fist, and you know you’re going to throw it, you’re going to throw like Shonie Carter did. You’re going to throw it like Cung Le throws it. They set that s*** up, they throw it, boom boom boom, they set it up. He just threw that s*** because he was scared and he had his back turned. It is what it is, you know what, good for him it landed. It landed, good for him. But that’s a one-time thing. It’s not going to land on nobody else.”

When asked about a rematch with Newton, King Mo was more interested in winning the Bellator championship than any fight with a particular opponent. He said, “Rematch is cool, but I was like, win the tournament. If he wins or loses, don’t matter because I know I’m going to see him eventually. The wrong will be righted, and then that’s it… I’m still whooping his ass next time I see him in the cage, or I can just win the tournament, get the belt, then he has to work his way to me. Makes no difference to me.”
continued...
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10312

PostSubject: Re: King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared   King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:49 am

I don't even have to read any more other than that sentence...it's probably full of more excuses and childhood type anger that you got knocked the eff out. Man up dude.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared   King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 3:44 pm

samger2 wrote:
I don't even have to read any more other than that sentence...it's probably full of more excuses and childhood type anger that you got knocked the eff out. Man up dude.
Same here. The title tells it all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared   King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared Empty

Back to top Go down

King Mo on Loss: That Mother Fucker had his back turned scared
Page 1 of 1