The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us Vote_lcap‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us Voting_bar‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us Vote_lcap‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us Voting_bar‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22843

‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us Empty
PostSubject: ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us   ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:41 am

Quote :
Apparently, every UFC champion is scared to fight their top contender. First Johny Hendricks accused welterweight king Georges St-Pierre of quaking in his bare feet, and now Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos’s camp is claiming freshly-minted bantamweight queen Ronda Rousey (Pictured) is avoiding a tango with their client.

When UFC president Dana White decided to dabble in women’s mixed martial arts, he did so with the caveat that only 135-pound fighters need apply. Unfortunately for Cyborg, she’s had prior issues making weight at 145-pounds, so shedding an extra 10 pounds on top of that could prove quite difficult – if not impossible, at least according to her doctor.

That’s why Team Cyborg offered to face Rousey in a 140-pound catchweight contest. And that’s when they stated Rousey began to play dodgeball.

“This is a fight all the fans want and we want to give to them,” Cyborg’s unnamed rep told TMZ.com. “We have offered to fight Ronda at a catch weight of 140lbs. She has turned that offer down and will not budge to make this fight happen.

“Cyborg wants Rousey but cannot and will not drop to 135 [pounds]. We understand Ronda is worried about losing because of her new found fame. We are not worried about fame, we are worried about Cris’ health.”

Oddly, without the help of her mouthpiece, Cyborg stated just two days ago that she could cut to the bantamweight division, but would need more than two month’s time to do it properly. Now, it appears her camp is completely disinterested in swimming in Rousey’s pond.

After White slapped the UFC belt on Rousey’s shoulder during Thursday’s press conference and announced the “Rowdy” one would make her first title defense against Liz Carmouche at UFC 157, he claimed Cyborg would likely fight the winner – which most likely would be Rousey.

As far as Rousey is concerned, she is tired of hearing Cyborg’s excuses. In fact, she believes the Brazilian is full of it.

“I know [Cyborg] can make 135, and so does she,” Rousey stated. “It just takes her a little while to realize that this is the only option she has, and it took her a little bit longer because I don’t think she’s that bright.

“It’s going to happen eventually. I can’t make these girls fight me when I want them to fight me. I’ve got a lot of respect for Liz. She’s the only one that stepped up and said she wanted this fight right now.”
continued...
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22843

‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us Empty
PostSubject: Re: ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us   ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:42 am

Face Palm
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15317

PostSubject: Re: ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us   ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:26 pm

If there is any ducking going on i would say cyborg is ducking 135 pounds. Why would you say i will make it but i need more time to just days later pretty much retract all that you said. Enough trash talk...lets fight!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5724

PostSubject: Re: ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us   ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Yeah .... but Cyborg for sure ain't ducking UGLY!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15317

PostSubject: Re: ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us   ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Krieger wrote:
Yeah .... but Cyborg for sure ain't ducking UGLY!

Hahaha lol! cheers oh damn i just choked on my coffee when i read that.......plus 1 to you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us   ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us Empty

Back to top Go down

‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Camp: Ronda Rousey is Scared to Lose and She’s Ducking us
Page 1 of 1