The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!! Vote_lcapI have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!! Voting_barI have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!! Vote_lcapI have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!! Voting_barI have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15323

I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!! Empty
PostSubject: I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!!   I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!! EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Well I was reading some where that Dana is talking about another come back season for the TUF series and got me thinking of some thing. but to do this would put a weight divison on hiold for a few but here's my idea.

I call it the TUF the contenders. Where you can take the top 10-12 fighters from a divison to fight out for the prize being the next contender for the title, kind of like the tuf come back season but this time it would be with actual top ten contenders.

Example seeing how crazy the mw divison is right now. Imagine having belcher,weidman,bisping,stann,belfort,boestch,lombard,sonnen,munoz, and 2 or 3 other top middle weights living in a house and doing the same routine except no coaches for this one, you only use the other guys on your team to prepare you.

now i know this probably cant happen cause the mw would be frozen but on the other hand this would allow silva some time for a super fight some where and make a clear cut #1 contender that nobody could deny at that point. If you are a contender and get through all those guys you defintly deserve a shot at the title and there would leave little to no arguement on the matter too. Plus the rating for the show and the event for the title would be huge i would think.

Any thoughts? feel free to call me dumb ass on this one too. lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22849

PostSubject: Re: I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!!   I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!! EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Essentially a tournament format for a title shot... I like it!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12609

PostSubject: Re: I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!!   I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!! EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:06 am

Would be awesome, but yeah it would never happen. I dont even think its that big of a deal to freeze the division. The UFC has so many fighters now the cards are getting watered down. I think it could easily be solved by having the champion fight the number 1 contender during the show and the winner of the show fights that winner. That way the champion isnt on hold for an extended period. Awesome, but in either case Dana hates tournaments, so...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!!   I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a crazy fun maybe even border line stupid idea for TUF!!!
Page 1 of 1