The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion Vote_lcapUFC 152 Post Fight Discussion Voting_barUFC 152 Post Fight Discussion Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion Vote_lcapUFC 152 Post Fight Discussion Voting_barUFC 152 Post Fight Discussion Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion Empty
PostSubject: UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion   UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:03 am

Ok boys, what did everyone think?
I will start off by saying this, Jones looked off to me... It may have been the busted up arm from the armbar, maybe all the pre-fight hate... but IDK... Second thing WTF was Vitor's plan... He shoulda been rushing with the punches more often IMO and less of the guard pulling. I know it worked well in the first but after that it was pointless. Also what does this fight say for Vitor? Could he come in on a full camp and beat Jones? Also I just read that Vitor was fighting hurt, with a broken hand, that may have been why he wasn't pushing the stand up more...

The Co-main event was ok, not as crazy as I had expected but it was a good fight. IDK who will be able to take this title from Mighty Mouse.

Bisping vs Stann... fuck me running... Mikey wins with his WRESTLING!!?!?? Hell, I gotta admit some of those take downs to side mount were damn nice. Still, he needs plenty of work before I could see him being a threat to Silva on the ground. He could likely get him down but I don't see him being able to keep Silva there.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3790

PostSubject: Re: UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion   UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 3:13 pm

I thought it was a great night of fights. Vitor nearly broke his arm which I wasn't expecting ,but you got to give credit to Jones instead of just panicking and slamming he took his time lifted Vitor up thought about it and slammed Vitor on his head at the best possible angle. He then contiuned to rough Vitor up with elbows on the ground and side kicks to the leg and body. I was surprised Jones knocked him down with a sidekick to the body and thought Vitor was faking to pull guard at first. I also wasn't expecting that kimura by Jones which was just beautiful technique.

Johnson-Benavidaz started out ok ,but ended up pretty awesome. Johnson really impressed me.

I knew Bisping had gotten good at TD's ,but he really impressed me in the Stann fight.

Hamill did a good job taking his opponent down at will and continously pounding him with powerful shots.

Vinny Maghallenes impressed me as well with his rolling amrbar.

The Sean Pierson fight was awesome he looked awesome and just kept throwing flurries of punches and then in the end his opponent almost won doing the same thing.

I don't think there was one boring fight this whole card.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion   UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 am

My thoughts:

Bisping looked very good. He does what he does. Anyone who doesn't recognize it, is a hater imo. He really is a complete fighter. Has a very solid all around game. Very good boxing, good clinch, good ground game and most of all is very intelligent with the ability to take the fight wherever he feels he has the best chance to win.
That being said I cannot imagine a bigger mismatch then he and Silva. He doesn't hit hard enough for Silva to respect anything, but his takedown attempts and Silva is stronger in the clinch imo. I envision the fight lasting just about as long as Silva feels like it lasting with his hands at his side, chin out mocking Bisping for the time spent before he turns his lights out.

The Mighty Mouse vs Benvides fight was very entertaining imo, but half way through the fourth round I found myself thinking of Johnson "oh great another fucking undefeatable champion that they will need to move up in weight to fight people a year and half from now after he beats everyone" lol

As for the main event. Pretty much went down the way I expected, but lasted longer than I thought it would. Vitor was like a boxing kangaroo. Jones kicked him in the stomach once and he didn't want to fight anymore...lol

Last edited by FistK on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

PostSubject: Re: UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion   UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:14 am

Bisping!!!!!!! cheers

Hamill!!!! Very Happy

Cub!!!!!!! Shocked

Johnson!!!!!! bounce

Vitor!!!!!! why in the hell was he always pulling guard?!!!!!!! Face Palm

Jones------- looked cocky as hell from his entrance all the way to the end of his fight. But did look good in his fight so what are you going to do?!!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion   UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:20 am

I think my favorite part of the whole fight was Big John McCarthy telling Jones he deserved what he got in the first second of the fight.

I dont know if any of you caught it, but when Jones was doing that fucking annoying crawl along the floor thing to start the fight, vitor threw a kick at him and Jones looked at Big John like "hey he is not allowed to do that" and Big John said something like "hey if you want to play that game, thats whats gonna happen"

haha, i was so damn happy i almost made an entire thread just about that...lol
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion   UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:26 am

I did notice that too and LOVED IT! Jones knows full well the game he is playing doing that crawl. Just as most of us know the whole 3 point rule is weak! Especially in that sort of situation.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion   UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Yeah I did notice that. That was great, and IMO it was the single most appropriate response to give to Jones in that situation. If you don't like it, stop fucking around fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion   UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 152 Post Fight Discussion
Page 1 of 1