The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge Vote_lcapNick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge Voting_barNick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge Vote_lcapNick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge Voting_barNick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge Empty
PostSubject: Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge   Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Quote :
“Fighters are afraid of conditioning, they are afraid of getting tired, but I don’t want to have anxiety or be afraid of anything. I can go 100 percent out there and never have to worry about getting tired. Everybody says fighting is 90 percent mental, and it’s true. Knowing you can go 15 minutes or 25 minutes without any problem can help you sustain that mental advantage over your opponent… I just like to race. It gives me something to build for. During the triathlon season, I’ll probably race every two weeks. I get stronger and stronger when building up to the race. After a race, a lot of people will crash and take their foot off the gas, but I’ll keep building and building until I have to fight. I have a reason not to crash, and I try to keep the ball rolling until fight night… Doing the races keeps me in shape. By the time a fight comes around, I’m already in shape and ready to go. I don’t have to get in shape for fights. When I am in the gym, I train mixed martial arts, I don’t need to train to get in shape. I am already in shape… If I’m not running, I’m going to go for a swim or go on a bike ride. I don’t like being stationary at any point during training.”

The self-proclaimed hardest worker in Mixed Martial Arts, Nick Diaz recently told thehuffingtonpost.com the reason why he has chosen to be a two sport athlete and how that helps him perform once in the cage.

Triathletes are cardio machines, they stretch the limits of endurance with every competition and Diaz credits that type of cardio and training to his mental toughness once inside the cage.

Other MMA Fighters go through circuit training and have a strength and conditioning camp prior to fight night, but Diaz lives this lifestyle instead of isolating his endurance training for fight camps.

BJPenn.com
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge   Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:22 pm

It's a dull edge, but it's an edge.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge   Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:33 pm

That actually makes perfect sense..... which is a little odd, considering it's coming from Diaz.

That's the funniest part about that quote; it's completely coherent and easy to follow- not your typical Nick Diaz quote.

Shit, I hope this doesn't mean he's "changing". If he comes out flat Saturday, I'm blaming it soley on his newfound demeanor.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge   Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:53 pm

He's got the edge over most mma fighters. He is a real Paleo Cave-Man without the meat lol. He jogs/runs, swims, bikes, fights, eats raw foods.

Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3792

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge   Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:44 pm

He makes a good point, by constantly staying in shape as a sort of hobby he stays in fighting shape and gets more time to focus on actual fighting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge   Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz: Extreme Conditioning Gives Me a Mental Edge
Page 1 of 1