The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact Vote_lcapOvereem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact Voting_barOvereem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact Vote_lcapOvereem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact Voting_barOvereem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact

Go down 
+5
Triggerman99
Gecko
Krieger
DEP
Chrom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22849

Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact Empty
PostSubject: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact Strike12
Quote :
UFC president Dana White awoke to some delightful news this morning. White was so ecstatic about what he had heard that he even issued one of his infamous, yet cryptic, ‘ : ) ‘ tweets before elaborating on his jovial state.

It appears heavyweight Alistair Overeem (Pictured) has passed his pre-fight drug test, officially green-lighting his UFC 141 shootout against Brock Lesnar.

“Overeem is ready to go!!! Lesnar vs Overeem is on!” White tweeted.

Last Monday, Overeem was granted a conditional license from the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It was under the assumption that his December 7th urinalysis would come back clean, he would get retested at an approved facility within the next 72 hours and would subject himself to two random post-fight tests over the next six months at his expense.

On November 17th, the NSAC asked Lesnar and Overeem to submit out-of-competition drug exams for their December 30th fight. Lesnar took his screening at a hospital and the results were negative. Overeem, on the other hand, hopped a plane back to Holland and underwent “the wrong test.”

The former Strikeforce heavyweight champ submitted a blood exam instead of a urinalysis, which ignited all sorts of unnecessary drama. Thankfully for White and the thousands of fans that have already purchased seats for the show, there will be no need to scramble for a last-second substitute.
source

Metal Metal
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9482

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:25 pm

What with all of my Sherk nuthuggery, I would be the biggest hypocrite on earth if I said I can't wait to see what he shows up looking like at the weigh-in, but I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't be skeptical of his physique.

So I guess I'll be both. Twisted Evil

Edit: That choice of smiley goes well with my cash amount too.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5730

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Overeem's light nighttime reading...

Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact Mega-Bulk-Intermediate
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15323

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Is it just me or am i the only one that thinks it is really sad that a fighter having a clean pee is news?I would think if anything his name is so tarnished at this point any fight he wins i would bring into question, if him making clean pee was ever a problem to begin with.Any one else follow that?

thats just me though.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Thats the thing, Overeem even brought it up after the NSAC meeting. He's never pissed hot yet he gets the most covereage, eyebrows raised and accusations out of anyone... maybe other than Lesnar. In the next six months Overeem will be the most tested MMA fighter... yet I think we will still see the non believers. I believe in innocent until proven guilty and that just hasn't happened. So until it does....
horse meat clearly does a body good!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15323

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Chrom wrote:
Thats the thing, Overeem even brought it up after the NSAC meeting. He's never pissed hot yet he gets the most covereage, eyebrows raised and accusations out of anyone... maybe other than Lesnar. In the next six months Overeem will be the most tested MMA fighter... yet I think we will still see the non believers. I believe in innocent until proven guilty and that just hasn't happened. So until it does....
horse meat clearly does a body good!

I 100% agree with you there.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:53 pm

The sophistication of PED detection avoidance has always outstripped the ability of labs to develop new tests. There is way more money in PED detection avoidance than PED detection. And at the end of the day ... like the busy cop said... "you dont want me to catch ALL the crooks do ya?"
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59443

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:15 pm

But.........

He has never tested dirty. So what's the basis?
GSP never tested dirty, but I could go ahead and start saying he's just good at avoiding the tests and cycling and all that stuff. I have no basis to say that, but neither does anyone have basis to say that about Overeem.

So where's the evidence? Where's the proof? Where's the cause for all the speculation? Is it his size compared to what it was 5 or 6 years ago? That's not much of a case, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm

I agree, 30-40lbs in 6 years is far from impossible... especially on some one that young.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:33 pm

I was 153 lbs when I graduated high school. I stayed that way until about 2 years ago. I have always worked out (nothing over-the-top, just push-ups and bicep curls and some other simple stuff), but 2 years ago I started drinking protein shakes after I worked out, and upped my regimen by about 30%.
I'm now pushing 180, and that's simply with shakes and a few more reps and weight in my workouts.

Is it really that hard to believe that a professional athlete (and as Chrom said, a young one at the time) could gain 30 to 40lbs in six years with expert advice and training, when some regular Joe like me put on 25 in 2 years with nothing more than store-bought muscle builder and a little extra effort?
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35191

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Yeah.
I weighed 120 pounds when I was a Junior in high school.
By my Freshman year in college I was 165 just from lifting weights and changing my diet a bit. I never even got into the creatine, protein shakes or anything.

I for one think most of the mega athletes (in all sports) are taking stuff under the radar.
Not only don't I care, but I have no reason to believe the "nice" guys like GSP are cleaner than the "evil" guys like Overeem.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12609

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:42 am

Gecko wrote:
Is it just me or am i the only one that thinks it is really sad that a fighter having a clean pee is news?

I actually clicked on this thread to write the exact same thing lol
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12609

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
But.........

Imo it has nothing to do with his added muscle (which is extreme imo) its the unexplainable growth like the size of his cranium. All the weight lifting in the world dont make your head grow.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:09 am

FistK wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:
But.........

Imo it has nothing to do with his added muscle (which is extreme imo) its the unexplainable growth like the size of his cranium. All the weight lifting in the world dont make your head grow.
I demand a head growth time line chart dealy pic! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Untill it is proven PED use is all speculation.... me I speculate that... If Overeem uses anymore he will grow a mane, tail and pull a wagon for carrots and oats.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:36 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
But.........

GSP never tested dirty, but I could go ahead and start saying he's just good at avoiding the tests and cycling and all that stuff. I have no basis to say that, but neither does anyone have basis to say that about Overeem.

So where's the evidence? Where's the proof? Where's the cause for all the speculation? Is it his size compared to what it was 5 or 6 years ago? That's not much of a case, IMO.

Heh ... simple ... we ALL love GSP due to his inate lovabiliy and exhuding goodness.... whereas we ALL hate Overeem due to his inate hateability and exhuding badness. (And not the "bad" that is good... I mean the bad... bad)

Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:43 pm

FistK wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:
But.........

Funny again because I clicked on this thread just to post this...

And for the record, bro's... and I can't believe I'm saying this.... and Chrom/drifter320/MN brethren I'm sorry....................

I think Sherk was on something.

His head isn't nearly as square as it was pre-positive test. The lab that tested him was a total nightmare, his supplements WERE in fact tainted, these things were in fact proven in court. But he changed. That fight with Dunham is all I needed to see. And the Sherk who beat Franca would've chainsawed right through Tyson Griffin, instead he won an extremely close and controversial decision. He's just never been the same. I worked in a gym and hung around meat heads for a long time, most of my 20's, and you just get an eye for who's on the juice and who isn't. Muscle bellies are smoother and shinier. Sherk lost that after he pissed hot. I have to call it like I see it.

As for Overeem, I guess it's innocent until proven guilty, which IMO hasn't happened YET. The guy's head is a block, he suddenly has a cro-magnon forehead. The likely explanation against the roids in his case is this: I always thought he was a fucking HUGE 205'er in PRIDE, and that he had to drain himself and keep himself to the point of malnourished to make weight. That was also reflected in his mediocre performances and hilarious cardio. So in that respect, when he finally decided to become a HW and quit with the starvation diet he finally reached his full potential and put on a shit ton of weight and made amazing strength gains in a short amount of time. That IS a plausible explanation for everything he's accomplished since then, with one exception: His big old (Boyz n the Hood reference) 4x4 head. It's not only in MMA either, look at Barry Bonds. He looks like a completely different person and his head is no exception.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'll be completely skeptical until he gets busted, and I won't be surprised if it finally happens.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Ok, I'm not gonna totally discount the fact that head size can indicate some PED usage, but it's not really conclusive. Some people's heads tend to increase in size over the years for whatever reason. Just look at BJ, or look at........

http://www.mmamania.com/2007/12/21/ufcs-georges-st-pierre-and-the-fuzzy-brossard/

http://www.blog.peacemagazine.com/2011/02/08/exclusive-georges-st-pierre-media-scrum-ufc-129/georges-st-pierre-media-scrum-ufc-129-february-8-2011-0-00-35-03/

I'm just saying.....
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7958

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:45 pm

seriously people? who even doubts the horse meat? look at his size, his heat and his chin. having a double chin when the rest is lean as fuck is a sure sign is PEDs. look at Bonds.
ubereem has even pretty much admitted it, or very close to it without saying it. but who gives a fuck, i suspect a lot of fighter do it anyway. even some of my faves, hendo, maybe gsp..its when you become a caricature of human form, it is time to make fun and point fingers
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 pm

I'm not saying I doubt, just that there isn't any reason to assume it.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:22 pm

I think there's plenty of reason to assume, but it's like the old saying goes: It ain't what you know it's what you can prove. Applied to Overeem, it's nothing thus far.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:17 pm

I hear one more word about Sherk and teh roids in relation to each other and its BANE HAMMER TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Dude bro I am sorry but I had to get that off my chest. Sad
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35191

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:00 pm

the commie wrote:
seriously people? who even doubts the horse meat? look at his size, his heat and his chin. having a double chin when the rest is lean as fuck is a sure sign is PEDs. look at Bonds.
ubereem has even pretty much admitted it, or very close to it without saying it. but who gives a fuck, i suspect a lot of fighter do it anyway. even some of my faves, hendo, maybe gsp..its when you become a caricature of human form, it is time to make fun and point fingers

Yeah, but Hendu got to do it legally....
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5922

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:50 am

Yeah, Hendo is doing to TRT; which is common knowledge from how I understand his situation.

Its great that the Reem "Passed" this drug test as I am super jacked to see this fight!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact   Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact Empty

Back to top Go down

Overeem Passes Drug Test, UFC 141 Fight with Brock Lesnar Intact
Page 1 of 1