The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
"What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares Vote_lcap"What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares Voting_bar"What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
"What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares Vote_lcap"What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares Voting_bar"What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

"What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares

Go down 
+5
Zacchaeus
Triggerman99
Chrom
the commie
9Teen_AT4
9 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

"What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares Empty
PostSubject: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Quote :
The rift between Anderson Silva and his long-time manager Ed Soares appears to be growing.

After recently contradicting his manager in public regarding statements on his next fight, and also expressing his dislike of a photograph of Soares and bitter rival Chael Sonnen apparently joking around, I think nothing, Anderson appeared on Brazilian television at the weekend and made his strongest comments yet.

“Unfortunately my manager is American, he speaks Portuguese but he is American. But I'm putting myself as a Brazilian... Whether you are in the UFC or not, when I’m outside my country i'm going to represent my country well and I think everyone has to position himself in the right way,” he said on Tela Nitida.

“His position was not good, was not cool, as a manager he needed to have a more professional attitude. He was not professional and I don't know why… I think it was not cool. But everyone knows what's best, he is a grown man and he is going to deal with the backlash of what he did.”

Asked whether the difference of opinion would lead to a fall-out between himself and Soares, Anderson was non-committal. He also claimed that there is no contract between himself and Soares.

“First thing is that nobody can talk for me except myself. Second is that I don't have a contract with anybody, except with Nine9 and my sponsors, so anything can happen,” he said.

In other Anderson news, he has been approached by the Brazilian television station Rede Globo, which broadcasts all UFC content in Brazil, to take on some commentating roles. He will commence with ‘UFC on Fox 1’ on November 12th, calling the action for Brazilian fans as Cain Velasquez defends the heavyweight title against Junior dos Santos.

Ze Sauze..
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 6:06 pm

more and more im convinced of silva's small mindedness. he has the gang mentality
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 6:39 pm

I don't even understand what the fuck he was saying there.... aside from it was not cool....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Yeah I'm with ya there. I have no clue what most of that even means. It appears to be a combination of the author and Silva himself having some translation issues.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5407

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Soares pulled a *puff puff puffff* before he passed.

Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:53 am

Chrom wrote:
I don't even understand what the fuck he was saying there.... aside from it was not cool....

I think he was threatening to sever ties with Soares through the media. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:56 am

I think they're gonna break up via Facebook now...
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:09 am

butterknifeninja wrote:
I think they're gonna break up via Facebook now...

lol
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:10 am

"What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares Wanna-see-a-magic-trick_5858b9481614c9f685369526cb8b5d05
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:11 am

lol! That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:13 am

Zacchaeus wrote:
Soares pulled a *puff puff puffff* before he passed.

thats one way to put it. lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:19 am

FistK wrote:
Chrom wrote:

I think he was threatening to sever ties with Soares through the media. Rolling Eyes
Ok.... but what does this part have to do with it?
“Unfortunately my manager is American, he speaks Portuguese but he is American. But I'm putting myself as a Brazilian... Whether you are in the UFC or not, when I’m outside my country i'm going to represent my country well and I think everyone has to position himself in the right way,”
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:05 pm

I think he's saying Soares should represent himself a little better and stick to his guns. I don't thing he meant Soares is "unfortunately American". I think it meant more along the lines of "unfortunatley he's American so I can't speak for him because I'm Brazilian". Something to that effect.
Again, I see a lot of what could be lost in translation here......
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:23 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
I think he's saying Soares should represent himself a little better and stick to his guns. I don't thing he meant Soares is "unfortunately American". I think it meant more along the lines of "unfortunatley he's American so I can't speak for him because I'm Brazilian". Something to that effect.
Again, I see a lot of what could be lost in translation here......

That actually makes more sense to me too.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 4:08 pm

I like what trigger said, the Brazilian to english translation makes sense;

I think Silva is more or less giving him a slap on the wrist and saying,
C'mon Man!
,you can't be doing that kind of shit if your my manager.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:12 pm

But what exactly was Ed doing... thats where I'm lost too....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Speaking for Anderson as far as who he is going to fight next and the Sonnen picture thing. I guess he's pissed about both of those.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7968

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:11 pm

if he is pissed of at the pic then what i said above is true
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:02 pm

It's a loyalty thing. Sonnen has said some really hateful and nasty things about Silva and Soares. I'm sure Anderson and Soares have had a conversation that went something like "So we're on the same page with this guy Sonnen, right? He's insulted us both, and we are in agreement that he's a dick, right? Yeah? OK, cool." And then Silva sees this pic of his own manager with that very same guy joking around all buddy-buddy-like, and naturally he questions Soares' loyalty and honesty.

You really don't see why Silva has a problem with that?
Really?!

I mean, c'mon.......really?!
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:19 am

That is what the commie was saying, Silva has a gang mentality; its the gang or nothing you know?

Silva needs to step back imo and understand this whole thing is a business more
than anything personal, even with regards to Sonnen and the comments he makes.
I know I have mentioned it before and I am sure it was on the old board but Soares doesn't care what Sonnen says about him personally or whatever; cause he is getting paid big $ at the end of the day if this fight happens. Business!

I can see Anderson`s perspective being the champ, and wanting respect from everyone as a result; but its still a business Anderson.

Ed isn`t giving away any secret or shit that could affect the relationship between manager and fighter. That would be really dumb if that were the case; why would he jeopardize his biggest client to hang out with Sonnen?
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:25 am

Then again that is what Soares appeared to be doing in the picture?, but it may have been a brief encounter or something; he probably shouldn't give Anderson anything to worry about period by putting himself in those type of situations.

I just had a huge break through, Silva is mad like a girlfriend who found out her boyfriend was talking to an ex-girlfriend......Holy Shit!
cheers

The only way this could have looked worse is if someone had a picture of Ed sitting at the head of a big table at Applebee's with all of the current UFC middleweight fighters.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:28 pm

No no no,
I'm not saying Silva is afraid of Soares being a double agent or something. But actually the ex-girlfriend thing is more what I was thinking.
It's like Soares is probably telling Silva he's right to be angry and we're on the same page and that guy needs to shut his mouth..... and then this pic comes out with Soares and Sonnen playing grab-ass in a hotel lobby.

I would be pissed, too.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:59 pm

But what about the picture is so "wrong"? A million different things could have been happening there. Silva's vagina is hurt over a picture that really shows nothing but Chael with his guard up and smiling. Plus Soares hasn't ever said, at least from what I've read, anything about certain fights that Silva him self hasn't said. Thats why I'm so damned confused here. I mean fuck it fire his ass, I don't much like the guy any way... but talk about blowing things outta proportion.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Yeah, true. It's just a pic.
But I think it's more getting blown out of proportion because Soares himslef hasn't adressed it. So everyone keeps asking Silva about it every 3rd day, and he's like "Yep. I'm still pissed about it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares   "What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares Empty

Back to top Go down

"What he did was not Cool." - Anderson Silva speaks on Ed Soares
Page 1 of 1