The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 Vote_lcapCrank up the Tunes! - Page 3 Voting_barCrank up the Tunes! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 Vote_lcapCrank up the Tunes! - Page 3 Voting_barCrank up the Tunes! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Crank up the Tunes!

Go down 
+7
Mogal
Berserk
Grey Suit
butterknifeninja
DEP
samger2
Chrom
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3740

Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Listened to this non-stop while power reading The Walking Dead comics.

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59401

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:42 am

[youtube][/youtube]

Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9440

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Ok so this song is pretty popular and has been around awhile. Kinda gay IMO. I'm 35 now so it's getting harder and harder to like the all of the mindless catchy blah shit these days.

Then I watched the video/time warp.

This is me in high school. Build. Hair. Idiot demeanor and wigger mannerisms. Everything. This is me, half a life ago.

Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10262

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:19 pm

I actually like that song...which is really really odd for me. I'm a metal head through and through...I've been listening to as i lay dying, devil wears prada, august burns red, soulfly, zao...and then this dumb song comes on and I turn it up. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22807

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Dudes amazing imo check out some of his lesser known stuff. All indie as well so you have to respect that for sure.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:48 pm

What exactly does "indie" mean? It sounds like it used to mean something else, and now the term just stuck even though it doesn't fit anymore. Is it just a trendy way to say "not famous"?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:52 pm

My current favorite from Macklemore

indie as in he recorded all of his shit in his basement without help from a big studio or producers. They basically did it all viral with video's and promoted online and locally.

Last edited by Chrom on Tue May 14, 2013 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:55 pm

another good one
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:12 am

Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Hell yeah Chrom...good ol' Anselmo...still miss the Pantera days
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:00 am

Back when Greenday was really good:

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:39 am

That whole album is better than the rest of their career.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:40 am

Man you speak the truth for sure
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:48 am

Kerplunk was fairly good too... then came Dookie and the emergence of the poppy ass punk scene. Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 Headshot-suicideI'm not gonna lie. I still listen to plenty of their "new" stuff it's just not the same though.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:59 am

Another band I listened to back in the day much more than I do their current stuff

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:25 am

Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:45 am

hahahaha...snow!!!!! informer youknowsobliddleybayo...I lick your boom boom down...
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Speaking of bands who used to bust heads and went completely wusscake:

And:

Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:44 pm

I agree DEP...Korn's first album was awesome...then they changed their style to waaaay too wusscake mainstream and then made 17 more albums just like their wusscake one.

I actually saw them on their first tour way back in like 1997 when they opened for Danzig.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Been listening to the new Megadeth album...this is my favorite track thus far:

Someone please imbed for me!
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:49 pm

samger2 wrote:
I agree DEP...Korn's first album was awesome...then they changed their style to waaaay too wusscake mainstream and then made 17 more albums just like their wusscake one.  

I actually saw them on their first tour way back in like 1997 when they opened for Danzig.

Yes. I saw them summer of 96 at some huge "outdoorfest96summertimeconcertseries!!!!" event. They were there with No Doubt, Gravity Kills and a bunch of other "oh yeah, I've heard this song" bands. Jon Davis was the most amazing performer I'd ever seen, the music was bizarre and unique but still hardcore, the pit was hell on earth and I was hooked. I gave up on them after "Issues" came out though, it just had such a big label production feel to it that they seemed like a totally different band. Almost like a big money Korn cover band. From what I've gathered, that's exactly what it was. All of their cobbled together studio equipment went out to the curb after a couple of singles from Life Is Peachy started getting radio play and thus, radio $$ and sold out venues. With a bigger budget they got better equipment and the sound and feel changed. No more taking the tiny recording microphone out of an old Panasonic boombox and hanging it upside down inside of a wooden subwoofer box to get the sound they wanted (true story). Every new album they release, they say "we really wanted to get back to the style that we invented and pioneered blah blah blah", and surprise... it's the same cut and dried stuff every time. On top of that, Jon Davis doesn't sound as genuinely fucking nuts as he used to. He sounds like he's going through the motions instead of actually reaching into his guts and screaming it out. Music kinda has a therapeutic aspect to it, and I guess after 15+ years of therapy he's not as pissed off as he used to be. Kudos to him for sorting that out, but the music suffers. It's the same with every band/front man.

Sometimes my inner metrosexual comes out and I sing this in the car:

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 8:20 pm

samger2 wrote:
hahahaha...snow!!!!!  informer youknowsobliddleybayo...I lick your boom boom down...

You know what's really funny about those lyrics is that since they are so hard to understand and the guy is Canadian, most people assumed they were French, and that's why it was nearly impossible to understand for the average American music fan. But it actually is English (more or less):

Informer you no say daddy me Snow me I'll go blame
A licky boom, boom down
Detective mon said daddy me Snow me stab someone down the lane
A licky boom, boom down

Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:18 am

They're English yet they make less sense than if they were in French haha...it's just words put one after another that don't belong.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:13 am

Speaking of Pantera (see above) I was watching "That Metal Show" last night and they had Sebastian Bach (skid row) and Rex (bassist for Pantera) as guests...I didn't realize that SB invited Pantera to tour with them on the Vulgar album after he heard Cowboys From Hell...kind of an odd mix of tour mates. I like Skid Row, but I put them in a totally different category than Pantera. What's funny is Rex wrote a book and in that book he spoke about that tour and said that they destroyed Skid Row on stage everynight even though they were the openers. They asked him about that comment...it was kind of funny to see him squirm a little since he was sitting right next to SB.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:47 am

DEP wrote:

samger2 wrote:

Yes. I saw them summer of 96 at some huge "outdoorfest96summertimeconcertseries!!!!" event. They were there with No Doubt, Gravity Kills and a bunch of other "oh yeah, I've heard this song" bands. Jon Davis was the most amazing performer I'd ever seen, the music was bizarre and unique but still hardcore, the pit was hell on earth and I was hooked. I gave up on them after "Issues" came out though, it just had such a big label production feel to it that they seemed like a totally different band. Almost like a big money Korn cover band. From what I've gathered, that's exactly what it was. All of their cobbled together studio equipment went out to the curb after a couple of singles from Life Is Peachy started getting radio play and thus, radio $$ and sold out venues. With a bigger budget they got better equipment and the sound and feel changed. No more taking the tiny recording microphone out of an old Panasonic boombox and hanging it upside down inside of a wooden subwoofer box to get the sound they wanted (true story). Every new album they release, they say "we really wanted to get back to the style that we invented and pioneered blah blah blah", and surprise... it's the same cut and dried stuff every time. On top of that, Jon Davis doesn't sound as genuinely fucking nuts as he used to. He sounds like he's going through the motions instead of actually reaching into his guts and screaming it out. Music kinda has a therapeutic aspect to it, and I guess after 15+ years of therapy he's not as pissed off as he used to be. Kudos to him for sorting that out, but the music suffers. It's the same with every band/front man.
That was my first concert! 15th Birthday at Sommerset Wi. floatrite park! WOOPWOOP! I got punched in the face by some stupid ass skin head in the pit during KoRn. Got really drunk for the first time... that place used to be awesome! Now the pit is all cement and chairs... fuckin weak!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Tunes!   Crank up the Tunes! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crank up the Tunes!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next