The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
king mo vs kongo  Vote_lcapking mo vs kongo  Voting_barking mo vs kongo  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
king mo vs kongo  Vote_lcapking mo vs kongo  Voting_barking mo vs kongo  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

king mo vs kongo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

king mo vs kongo  Empty
PostSubject: king mo vs kongo    king mo vs kongo  EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:04 am

rmer Strikeforce middleweight light heavyweight champion Muhammed Lawal, more affectionately known as 'King' Mo, once pledged to compete at 'moneyweight'. As 2015 rolls around, the Bellator light heavyweight now has his sights set on heavyweight as he'll face UFC veteran Cheick Kongo.

The news was made official by Bellator President Scott Coker with Ariel Helwani on Tuesday's The MMA Hour.

"We're going to put on a big superfight and it's something this person's been asking me for a long time to move up in weight and try out the heavyweight division. I said, 'Ok, this might be a great time and let's get it on'. King Mo is going to step up to heavyweight and he's going to fight Cheick Kongo in a superfight on the 27th at the Mohegan Sun," Coker told Helwani.

"This is something he's been asking me for probably the last five months. He'd say, 'Hey, I want to go up to heavyweight. I want to fight there'. He said eventually he wants to drop to 185 [pounds]...He said, 'I can beat anyone in the heavyweight division. I can beat anyone in the 185-pound weight class.' He feels he could be the complete fighter at 205, heavyweight and 185.

"He said if it ever came up, he'd love to fight Cheick Kongo. I said, 'Here you go. Let's get it on.'"

Coker did not specify whether the move to heavyweight signaled a desire by Lawal to pursue that division's belt. Instead, the Bellator head said everything is conditional at the moment.

"Let's just see what happens with the fight," Coker noted. "This is something that caught Cheick Kongo a little off guard, too. He kept asking us, 'Are you sure this is a heavyweight division fight?' He didn't believe Mo wanted to come up.

"I'm going to take a look at the fight and see how it goes for King Mo and if he performs well, we'll give him some more heavyweight fights if he wants them."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/20/7861761/king-mo-lawal-vs-cheick-kongo-set-for-bellator-134
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15316

king mo vs kongo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: king mo vs kongo    king mo vs kongo  EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 pm

I really dont like Kongos chances here. Kongo is just no where near where he used to be as far as his chin and striking skills.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

king mo vs kongo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: king mo vs kongo    king mo vs kongo  EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:35 am

i think this is a set up fight for a future king mo vs kimbo slice fight at hw.
let mo test the waters in hw with a vet and we will see what happens from there.

i wouldnt be surprised if bellator signed up tim sylvia, pedro rizzo, jeff monson and ken shamrock in the next couple of weeks. im not being sarcastic
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

king mo vs kongo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: king mo vs kongo    king mo vs kongo  EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Well say good night to Mo. There is no way in hell his chin stands up to Kongo. He may be able to wrestle his way to a decision... but I don't like his chances. Kongo is just too god damned big and heavy handed for King Mo
IMO
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

king mo vs kongo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: king mo vs kongo    king mo vs kongo  EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 12:45 am

mo fought at hw in the past and beat mike whitehead and travis wuiff. i dont think kongo at 37 is going to offer anything that spectacular against mo or his chin. kongo has looked slow and stiff in his last few years imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

king mo vs kongo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: king mo vs kongo    king mo vs kongo  Empty

Back to top Go down

king mo vs kongo
Page 1 of 1