The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33 Vote_lcapShogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33 Voting_barShogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33 Vote_lcapShogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33 Voting_barShogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33 Empty
PostSubject: Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33   Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 2:47 pm

Quote :
 Mauricio “Shogun” Rua will consider a move to middleweight following his fight with James Te Huna at UFC Fight Night 33 in Brisbane, Australia, on Dec. 7 (Dec. 6 in the U.S.).
The 31-year-old Brazilian is likely to follow the lead of countryman Lyoto Machida and drop to 185 pounds after losses in four of his last six UFC fights.
“It might happen, but for now I have a fight scheduled,” Rua said at a recent fan Q&A in Brazil. “I would have to do some medical exams to check if it’s possible.”
The former light heavyweight champion normally walks around at about 228 pounds and cuts 23 pounds for his fights, but would have to lose an additional 20 pounds if he were to drop down another weight class.
“Maybe I can (drop to 185) and maintain my performance. I would need to think about it, but that’s something that can happen.”
First, he is focusing on his upcoming fight with Te Huna, who has only lost twice in the UFC, which were against Glover Teixeira and Alexander Gustafsson, who currently sit at the top of the 205-pound division. Rua doesn’t feel that he has to win the fight, as long as he gives a good account for the fans.
“He’s an aggressive fighter and I know it will be tough,” Rua continued. “I like this fight because of his style. I don’t think of this fight as definitive for my career. I have no obligation to win, only to do my best.
“This fight is going to be difficult, the guy is good in boxing, and I will have to fight my best to leave the cage as the winner. My focus only is training and evolving. As long as my body is good, I will be fighting."
http://www.mmaweekly.com/mauricio-shogun-rua-considering-a-move-to-middleweight-following-ufc-fight-night-33

He might as well. He hasn't been legit at LHW for awhile now. Funny though to hear him talk about not feeling obligated to win his next fight. I don't think I've ever heard a fighter say that before. Might be part of his problem.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33   Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:15 am

He is 2-4 in his last six fights. I dont think he should be worried about "maintaining his performance"

He needs an overhaul. I would try it if i were him.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33   Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:45 pm

LOL yeah, what exactly are we "maintaining" here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33   Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shogun Rua considering drop to 185 following UFC Fight Night 33
Page 1 of 1