The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” Vote_lcapBig Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” Voting_barBig Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” Vote_lcapBig Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” Voting_barBig Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”

Go down 
+2
Gecko
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22846

Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” Empty
PostSubject: Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”   Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” Noguie10

Quote :
Source: UFC Bahia:

“Minotauro has declared the following statement: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”
All Brazilians were shocked and saddened by Anderson having lost the belt in Vegas. But they don’t need to be. What is discussed below is the news firsthand being investigated by radio and newspapers throughout Brazil and some foreigners, specifically Wall Street Journal and Sports Gazette and the media should be released soon, and the evidence will confirm the facts.

Rumor: Anderson Silva SOLD the UFC belt. The fighter’s staff was advised, at 1:00pm on July 6 (Fight Day), at a meeting involving Dana White, Pedro Rizzo and Mr. Lorenzo Fertitta. At first they were very upset, and Anderson refused to sell the belt.

The acceptance came through the full payment of premiums, US$70K for each member of staff, plus a bonus of U.S$400K for the whole team, a total of US$23 million by Nike. Still, Anderson refused to participate.

Their situation was only resolved after the representative of Nike threatening to withdraw its lifelong sponsorship of the fighter, valued at more than US$90 million throughout his career. Thus, it was agreed that Anderson would be defeated by points, but the apathy that befell the fighter made Chris Weidman, who absolutely did not participate in this negotiation, TKO Anderson.

Dana White applauded the team collaboration of Silva, since the change of belt has brought balance to the category.”
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15320

Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”   Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:43 pm

I dont even know what to say about this. i am completly speechless.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59440

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”   Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:52 pm

I don't really understand exactly what is being said here. Dana, Fertitta, and Nike forced Anderson into vacated the title?

I'm calling 100% bullshit on this.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15320

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”   Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
I don't really understand exactly what is being said here. Dana, Fertitta, and Nike forced Anderson into vacated the title?

I'm calling 100% bullshit on this.

I hope it is too. if this ends up being true. It will really change the way i see the ufc.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16385

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”   Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:34 pm

yeah if this is factual I think we've seen mma turn in to boxing and wwf(still cant call it wwe)....I think a lot of us could see something was off that night......I said it before in a diff thread that me going into the fight knowing the out come, I saw something in Anderson just before the opening bell that wasn't right....it was a look on his face and body language.....I for sure think something fishy may be going on.......I hope with 100% of my soul its not true but SOMETHING was going on pre fight. This is just getting crazy.....

and trigg....im confused about exactly what the article is saying too....I think it is saying that dana (zuffa) and nike were the ones pressing "the sale" of the belt.....maybe to bring "balance" to the division or to market one of the biggest money making events the ufc will ever see in the rematch of the 2......Im just shocked if there is any truth to this and if there is, maybe Anderson doesn't deserve to fight for a title again.

another thought is that maybe this infact opens up the super fight possibility....I know id still be interested in seeing either of them...but with the belt tied up for all of them it was really not a possibility in the near future....just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59440

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”   Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:44 pm

I really don't want to give this thing any legs, because I still think it's complete made-up BS, but if Anderson was against this and then ultimately forced into it and told to lose on points, I think dancing around like an idiot and making a mockery of the fight would definitely be an Anderson Silva-type of thing to do and a big "Fuck You for making me do this! here's what you get!!" to Dana and company.

But again, I don't believe this at all.

Last edited by Triggerman99 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10301

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”   Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Yeah, I'm not on board with this. If it were true though I'm most likely stop following the sport I think. I hate drama...
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12606

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”   Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:00 pm

lol silly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”   Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Nog: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”
Page 1 of 1