The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems Vote_lcapTransgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems Voting_barTransgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems Vote_lcapTransgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems Voting_barTransgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems

Go down 
+2
Krieger
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems Empty
PostSubject: Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems   Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:09 am

Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems Method=get&s=553299428005560618597763226529n
Quote :
Fallon Fox is bracing herself for controversy, and as the first on-record transgender female fighter in mixed martial arts, she's going to get plenty of it.

On Monday, the 37-year-old Fox (2-0) revealed exclusively to SI.com that she's a transgender fighter -- the first on record, male or female, to compete in mixed martial arts. Fox won her second professional bout with a 39-second knockout (via knee) last Saturday at Championship Fighting Alliance 10 in Coral Gables, Fla.

Fox, who underwent gender reassignment surgery in 2006 along with the supplemental hormonal therapy, is scheduled to fight again for the CFA on April 20 in the semifinals of its eight-woman featherweight tournament. However, Fox's license approval is now under investigation with Florida's Dept. of Business and Professional Regulation.

Fox admits she did not disclose her transgender history, and presumably the pertaining medical documents that would have accompanied her Florida application, because she was not asked to.

For her pro debut in May 2012, Fox fought in Idaho for the King of the Cage promotion
continued...

DAFUQ!!!? No!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems   Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:31 am

uh... Shocked ... won't have to get a TRT exemption? .... What a Face ... uh ... scratch

Sorry NO!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems   Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 am

Yeah... I'm all for equal rights for all. But, this is completely different. This is a sport where gender is split... and for good reason. If she were just a dude taking the female hormone replacement with out the "reassignment surgery" would he/she still be allowed to fight a female? No. End of conversation.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems   Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:35 pm

For fucks sake.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems   Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:27 pm

Quote :

Well color me shocked!!
I never would have seen that coming!

Face Palm
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Post op tranny under investgation for fighting as afemale.   Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:07 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/post-operative-transgender-female-fighter-fallon-fox-license-031016168--mma.html

I dont know what to make of this story but i feel like this is just another loop hole to get a dominate fighter in a ever so small competition pool. regardless i would say no you are not allowed to fight as a woman in womens MMA if you used to be a man period!!!( not like they could have a peirod any way) Troll

I am really interested in your guys thoughts on this one. cause if she does get passed as a woman to fight then it will be only a matter of time before she will be knocking on the UFC door.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems   Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:21 am

Yeah cause Dana is chomping at the bit to open up a "Transgender Division" just think of the ppv draw that would be!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems   Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:35 am

http://www.mmastandard.net/t2098-transgender-fighter-fallon-fox-faces-licensing-problems

MMA Purist
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16398

PostSubject: Re: Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems   Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:20 pm

crazy...i feel like its a man.....or at least a ped....hear me out.....pretend up untill the operation is "a training period"..."she" is gettin man hormones and man muscle mass\ compasition.....now operation day would be where the ''cycle ends" so up to the point of operation it would be as though using ped's causing non normal T levels for a woman and increased muscle mass for a woman........so i feel like the same as ped's, the levels may be normal for a pee test but the "training period" is tainted and the damage done....

does that make any since?

Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems   Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:34 pm

Chrom wrote:
http://www.mmastandard.net/t2098-transgender-fighter-fallon-fox-faces-licensing-problems

MMA Purist

oh snap, my bad buddy. I looked down the list lightly and i must have missed. We should use yours any way. It looks a lot cooler than mine. cheers
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems   Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:36 pm

It's a man....Man!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems   Transgender fighter Fallon Fox faces licensing problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1