The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Prayers for my mom please gang Vote_lcapPrayers for my mom please gang Voting_barPrayers for my mom please gang Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Prayers for my mom please gang Vote_lcapPrayers for my mom please gang Voting_barPrayers for my mom please gang Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Prayers for my mom please gang

Go down 
+8
voodoo-jitsu
Chrom
Krieger
stock
Gecko
Triggerman99
DEP
samger2
12 posters
AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10297

Prayers for my mom please gang Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:32 pm

So mom had open heart surgery today...we kinda thought it was gonna be fairly routine...we were wrong. Got there at 7am, got home about 9:30pm....

In short, yes, things are ok...at least they're getting better. What took so long was the surgery was HUGE...they had to repair two valves...well, replace one and repair another by inserting something into it. They had to do it that way because it was so calcified that any other way would require cutting it out and quite frankly mom wouldn't have survived that. So they replaced the first one, no problem, it's working fine...they got to the more heavily calcified one and that's where the problem started...as they began inserting the "catheter" into the valve a piece of the calcium broke off inside the original valve...again they couldn't go in and retrieve it because that would require cutting the old valve out, so they isolated it with the catheter basically. In other words imagine a balloon inside the valve and the piece of calcium is pressed between the outside of the balloon wall and the inside of her artery wall. The good news is, the blood is flowing as it should through the new artery and the artery they put the stint in...so her heart is doing what it should now. The gray area is they're not sure if any other pieces of calcium could've potentially broken off in the surgery and ended up in any vital areas. And they're not sure if somehow that piece of calcium will dislodge. So she has to be watched closely.

They closed her up and took her off the machines...we were told that she was unstable when they took her off the machines, but they stabilized her and got her blood pressure up to normal, got her temp normal and her blood appears to be clotting well. So they brought us back to see her...she was still out cold so she obviously was unresponsive and she was swollen and had tubes all over the place...but the positives are she came through the surgery...her vitals stabilized...her body is doing what it should...her blood is clotting as it should. The question is did any pieces of calcium chip off and potentially go to her brain and cause a stroke...they won't know that until she comes out of sedation and they can interact with her. There are no signs that it even occurred, but the doctor has to throw it out there. They did an EKG and nothing had changed, so that's good.

I just can't wait for her to come out of sedation so we can talk to her.

One of the surgeons said that your artery should be spongy and soft...mom's felt like you were touching a piece of bone.

4 victories right off the bat, the machine they had her on during surgery...according to the surgeon some people never come off that machine when faced with a surgery of this severity....mom came off the machine fine. 2, she's producing urine...that's good, 3 the blood pressure meds the nurse had to put her on to get her BP up she already was able to stop giving her and 4 even while we were in the room for a short time the blood coming out was decreasing...which is good because that means her body is clotting it and stopping the bleeding.

My poor mom...
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9475

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Your poor mom, yes... but she sounds like a fighter and having raised a dude like you she's probably been through worse Wink ...obviously I'm not a cardiologist but a blessing in disguise may be that if the piece of calcium is big enough then it'll be stuck there for good. The smaller it is then it seems like it could become dislodged more easily.

Prayers sent overnight express, bud.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:56 am

I'll come out of retirement for this one.

I don't ever pray, but you're a good dude in my eyes, and that means to me your mom must be a great woman. I'll be hoping with all of my will that she comes through and spends the rest of her long life continuing to be the woman you know and love.

Best of luck to your mom, bro. I'm 100% pulling for a real win for you and your mom. You deserve it!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15316

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:41 am

Oh man i am really sorry to hear that buddy. i will definitly keep your mom in my prayers. Best of luck to both of you.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:56 am

Thank you guys. We got bad news at 4am....mom took a turn for the worse and they had to open her back up. We're waiting and praying ....she's in bad shape right now
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35184

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Am hoping for the best man.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks again ...gonna go talk to mom again shortly hoping she can hear us
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:41 am

Mom's are what makes the world a bearable place, my thoughts are with you and hoping for the best.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:04 am

Jeez man, heart surgery is rough. My thoughts are with you and your family, in what I can only imagine to be one of the hardest times your family has/will have to deal with.
Back to top Go down
voodoo-jitsu
Training Dummy
Training Dummy
voodoo-jitsu

Standard Cash : 4562

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 pm

i'm the noob here, and to be honest, if i preyed i would imagine god would look around and say "who the fuck is that?" but i will do what i can to send spiritual energy your mom, and your families way as well. i'm glad she has stabilized and i hope she gets better.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:09 am

Well gang...very very surreal moments for me and my family. Mom passed away late last night. She started stabilizing a couple days ago but just took a turn for the worse and it never went back up again. She was so swollen they had to reopen her chest and leave her open because the external pressure of closing her caused her heart to not function properly. She didn't look like herself. She's at peace now. I'm believer...I KNOW my mom is in Heaven looking down upon us all. Even though we don't truly know you guys, she sees that you showed concern and we all appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28612

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:38 am

Sorry to hear about your loss Sam, my condolences.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Sorry for your loss Sam.....

Moms are with us forever... I lost my mom 15 years ago and she is with me every day.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:37 pm

My sincerest condolences, stay strong friend.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9475

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:21 pm

My deepest condolences to you and your family Sam. Krieger said it all, moms are the glue of civilization and she will be with you until the day you meet again, no doubt. "Dude my mom would kill me for this" absolutely WILL be a part of your thought process lol, and if there's anything more valuable than that I haven't seen it. Prayers inbound.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:55 am

So sorry man. I lost my mother in law this year, but I still can't imagine what you're going through right now. I feel for you man, really I do. Just try to keep your head up and know that she's at rest, not having to fight anymore.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35184

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Sorry man, my sincere condolences.
Stay strong... your mom will be watching over you forever.
She may be gone, but memories can never be taken away.
Take care.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks everyone. This is the only forum that I visit that I posted anything about it because I know you guys are all awesome and supportive. My dear mom will be missed...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15316

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:08 am

I am so sorry for your loss sam. My sincere condolences to you buddy.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12602

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:09 am

I somehow missed this post. Sam I am very sorry for your loss. Sad
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks again guys. It's one day at a time. My brothers have been going to my dad's house everyday and I've been calling him every night. Mom and dad were married 42 years...would've been 43 in September of this year. I can't imagine the pain and loneliness he's feeling. I mean we're sad and we miss mom terribly, but we have our own families that keep our minds and hearts moving in the right direction, but man...to lose your partner of nearly 43 years...your kids are all grown. Poor dad.
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5584

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Very sorry to hear about your loss there big fella.
Back to top Go down
Dremora
Training Dummy
Training Dummy

Standard Cash : 4695

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Really sorry to hear about this. I hope you and your family are coping well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for my mom please gang   Prayers for my mom please gang Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for my mom please gang
Page 1 of 1