The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 Vote_lcapUFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 Voting_barUFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 Vote_lcapUFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 Voting_barUFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 Empty
PostSubject: UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135   UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 5:08 pm

UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 1061_010
Quote :
With Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche paving the way for women in the UFC, the race is on to get Cris "Cyborg" Santos in shape to make 135, so a future superfight can be made between her and Rousey. Buzz around the topic has been swirling, and just last week, the verdict, according to former light heavyweight champion, Tito Ortiz, was that Cyborg could not safely make the cut to 135. The UFC feels otherwise, specifically, Dana White. In a recent article, posted by Tatame, Dana White is quoted as having said that the UFC is willing to pay for nutrition guru, Mike Dolce's services to get Santos down to Bantamweight.

Dana White's quote from Tatame (as translated by Google):

She can get to this weight, we have an expert who can help you lose weight in a healthy way, it does so with all our athletes. We have Mike Dolce, who has the system to do wrestlers lose weight and still feel good, and it's all about your diet. He is 100% ready to work with her and will not cost anything to Cris, "said Dana, who has even compare to the rivalry Cyborg x Ronda boxers Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather:

The Cyborg needs to get on the boat, if she wants to fight in the UFC she'll have to fight this category of 61 Kg The stupidest thing about it is that it has Tito Ortiz as his manager. Just remembering the story of Manny Pacquiao and Floyd, which was a historic fight for boxing and that will not happen now and nobody cares, it was. If Cyborg is seeking another fight, anything can happen. The round missed, and the Cyborg can lose this fight between them can not happen ever again.

I spoke with Mike Dolce today, to get his thoughts on future work with Cyborg.

Possibility of making the weight

It is absolutely possible for her to make 135. I believe 135 will be her best weight class. I think she's a legitimate 135 pounder. I think as good as she was at 145, she'll be even more dynamic at 135. I believe it wouldn't be that difficult at all.

I was actually flown out to California to meet with Cris recently (stated that the meeting took place within the last couple months), and we had a great conversation. It was just she and I, and after learning more about Cris, her personality, current lifestyle, diet, training program, and just physically, as she looked that day, I believe, in my professional opinion, dare I say, expert opinion, that she will be amazing at 135 pounds.

Biggest hurdle for Cyborg

The unknown. Anytime an athlete makes a dramatic lifestyle change, there's a lot of uncertainty. It's especially true if you're a combat athlete, with all the physical risks, and of course, the career risk. One loss, and you could be gone. I think it's the uncertainty of the move, but I believe that's where she will truly shine and make her mark as an athlete.

Timeframe

She wanted to start immediately, but she didn't want to put a date for the finish line. That was just in case she needed one extra week, or one extra month or one extra year. She kind of wanted to dip her toe into the process and ease into it. I think we could certainly expedite the schedule, and I feel that she could have been ready ... I know from my experience, that she would have been ready to fight Ronda at the end of February. I think that would have been a perfect amount of time. Then again, she is fighting Ronda Rousey, who is arguably the best female athlete in the world, so I can certainly understand saying, 'I need a little more time, so I can make sure I am at my best.'

Long term weight change

I don't do weight cuts, per se, I do life and longevity, and when we focus on that, the weight cut becomes easy. That's why all my athletes are so healthy. That's why the UFC and Dana White pointed at me and said, 'That's the guy. We're gonna call Dolce to get her in shape', because he knows that I keep his athletes healthy
continued...
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135   UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 5:22 pm

Now you got no more excuses Cyborg....
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3790

PostSubject: Re: UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135   UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Dolce is a goddamned miracle worker.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35199

PostSubject: Re: UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135   UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:37 pm

I think the UFC is coming accross as a little desperate here.
Why the hell are they pretty much begging a chick busted for steroids to come to the UFC.
I'd be pissed if I were Barnett.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135   UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC offers to pay for Mike Dolce's services to get Cyborg to 135
Page 1 of 1