The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Cung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC Vote_lcapCung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC Voting_barCung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Cung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC Vote_lcapCung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC Voting_barCung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Cung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22851

Cung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC Empty
PostSubject: Cung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC   Cung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Quote :
Cung Le has been a longtime member of
Strikeforce's roster, both in its incarnation as a kickboxing
organization and later as an MMA fighter. In recent years, however, his
movie career has kept him out of action for extended periods of time,
and he's fought sparingly inside the Strikeforce cage.

Now, with Strikeforce being purchased by the UFC's parent company Zuffa,
Le says his time as a Strikeforce fighter is over, but that doesn't
mean he won't fight again.

"I know for a fact that if I do fight again, it's going to be in the
UFC," Le said in an interview with MMAWeekly.com. "I've never fought in
the UFC, but I would love to fight in the UFC. But right now because of
my contract with Showtime and Strikeforce, hopefully things can work
out because there is a show in San Jose that Cain Velasquez is the main
event. I would love to fight in San Jose for the UFC and for Dana White
and Lorenzo [Fertitta]."

The show Le is referring to is UFC 139, which is expected to take place
from the HP Pavilion in San Jose on Nov. 19. That venue was
Strikeforce's longtime home, as Strikeforce's financial partners prior
to the Zuffa purchase also owned the venue.

With his acting career in full swing, Le is just hoping a deal can be
reached to bring him to this event. If not, he'll simply move on to his
next acting gig, but he's hopeful for an opportunity to show the UFC's
fanbase what he can do in the cage.

"If it happens, great, I’m training right now,” Le said. “If it doesn't, I'm going to be in good shape for my next movie.”

"I love Strikeforce, I came through Strikeforce, but I've given
Strikeforce eight awesome fights. I feel if I could, if they allow me, I
would to give UFC and UFC fans some great fights. If that's possible, I hope it is; if not, I'm sorry."
MMA Torch

I hope its possible as well. He is an amazing striker and insanely fun to watch. Its almost like watching a live action JCVD movie, with all the crazy hollywood tripple take kicks. If he went to the UFC who would you guys like to see him fight?
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9484

Cung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC   Cung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Machida. Loser falls on a sword.............. for real.
Back to top Go down

Cung Le says if he fights again it will only be in the UFC
Page 1 of 1