The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC Vote_lcapBibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC Voting_barBibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC Vote_lcapBibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC Voting_barBibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC Empty
PostSubject: Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC   Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC Bibian10
Quote :
The UFC bolstered its bantamweight division recently with the signing of Bibiano Fernandes (11-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

There was just one one problem, though. According to Fernandes, he never signed with the promotion.

Fernandes, according to UFC.com, was expected to face Roland Delorme next month at UFC 149 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. But the promotion recently removed Fernandes from that bout on the site – though as of late Tuesday morning, a fighter profile page for him still exists there.

"I would like to make perfectly clear the news concerning my involvement with the UFC," Fernandes said in a statement on his Facebook page. "It was announced that I, Bibiano Fernandes have been contracted to fight for the organization at UFC 149 which will take place in the city of Calgary on the 21st of July. I would like to make it clear that I am not a UFC athlete as I did not sign any contract with the UFC organization."

Fernandes, the former DREAM featherweight champion and current DREAM bantamweight champ, did not deny being in negotiations with the UFC – but said talks came to an impasse.

"Negotiations between the UFC and myself did take place; however, we could not resolve the issues on the table and as a result we did not come to an agreement," Fernandes stated. "The recent reports that have been circulating in the media are false, contrary to what is being said, I am not a UFC athlete."

Bill Mahood, Fernandes' representative with the BCMMAA management firm, on Tuesday told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he could not comment beyond Fernandes' Facebook statement. He said he had not spoken to the fighter since before the statement was posted.

Fernandes, in the statement, alluded to a possible disagreement over the financial terms in his negotiations with the UFC, though he didn't elaborate with specific numbers. But he didn't rule out signing with the UFC in the future.

"I did not find the terms set before me by the UFC beneficial to my family and as a result an agreement could not be reached and no contract was signed," Fernandes stated. "It should be noted that the UFC is the largest MMA organization in the world however, my personal and professional obligations have brought me to the decision that I will not be a part of the UFC organization at this point in time. The day that an agreement is reached and the terms set forth are beneficial to both parties involved, I will have the most pleasure and satisfaction to fight for the organization while always representing my beloved country."

The Brazilian-born Fernandes now lives and trains in Canada. But he has fought exclusively in Japan since 2009. In 2009, he won the DREAM featherweight tournament and title, submitting Joe Warren in just 42 seconds in the semifinals before taking a split decision later the same night against Hiroyuki Takaya. He defended that title with a win over Joachim Hansen in 2010 before losing it to Takaya in a rematch.
source
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC   Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5405

PostSubject: Re: Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC   Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 8:45 am

Gotta respect a guy that won't take "no" for an answer. However stupid it might be...
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC   Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 10:10 am

Heh he can always keep fighting for DREAM..... .... ... oh wait!

Another fighter who vastly overestimates his worth to the MMA community. An 11 and 3 fighter who wins mostly by decisions.... perhaps he should hold out for more ..... forever!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC   Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:20 am

Krieger wrote:
Heh he can always keep fighting for DREAM..... .... ... oh wait!

Another fighter who vastly overestimates his worth to the MMA community. An 11 and 3 fighter who wins mostly by decisions.... perhaps he should hold out for more ..... forever!

Pretty much...lol

So is he saying he is getting better offers elsewhere that are more beneficial to his family?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC   Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Bibiano Fernandes says he never signed on with UFC
Page 1 of 1