The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight Vote_lcapDana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight Voting_barDana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight Vote_lcapDana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight Voting_barDana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight Empty
PostSubject: Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight   Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight Dan-henderson_large

Quote :
Long-time mixed martial arts (MMA) veteran and current Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight contender Dan Henderson definitely has something to smile about.

In a career that spans more than 15 years, "Hendo" has put his time in the sport of MMA, participating all over the world with top organizations such as Pride FC and Strikeforce, earning world titles with both promotions. After failing to win gold in the UFC against Quinton Jackson at 205-pounds and Anderson Silva at Middleweight, the window of opportunity is closing little by little in his chance of capturing the elusive UFC world title.

After all, the former Olympic wrestler is no spring chicken.

After recently stating that he will probably "fight for three more years," and "voicing his displeasure of being passed over for a title fight against Jon Jones," Henderson might be thrilled to hear that UFC President Dana White has confirmed that he will indeed be the next challenger for either the 205-pound title or the promotion's 185-pound strap, because he has earned it.

Dana White wrote:
"Yes, Dan Henderson will get the winner of that fight (Jones vs. Evans) or the winner of the Anderson Silva fight. Dan Henderson just wants a title shot. You know, there was a lot of talk about the stuff I said. Here is the thing. I offered Dan Henderson two fights. Dan Henderson wants this fight. Normally I don't do that. Guys don't sit around and wait and pick their fights. There's been very specific cases where that has happened and it's guys who have earned it or deserved it. Dan Henderson is one of those guys. Listen, Henderson has been around forever. He is forty-something years old. He has been knocking guys out left and right and if he wants to sit around and wait for this title shot, he can do it."

Quote :
"Dangerous Dan" will turn 42 this fall, though his recent victories would indicate that this MMA legend has not lost a step.

Sure, he was visibly gassed in his epic bout against the much younger Mauricio Rua at UFC 139 last November, but his dominating knockout victories over Fedor Emelianenko, Rafael Cavalcante and Renato Sobral prior, gave glimpses of a fighter that was barely hitting his stride.

After receiving White's approval to sit around and wait for the title shot, "Hendo" can now rest easy knowing that he will have at least one more try to add a UFC world title to his mantle of impressive accomplishments.

Jon Jones and Rashad Evans will tangle for the 205-pound title at UFC 145 on April 21, 2012, in Atlanta, Ga., while Chael Sonnen will try to once again rip the 185-pound title from the hands of Anderson Silva at UFC 147 on June 23, 2012, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Anyone care to venture a guess as to which world title Henderson will fight for his next time out? Better yet, which challenge will prove more difficult for the MMA legend?

srce
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight   Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Dans going to wait for jones/rashad i bet. that weight cut to 185 is probably starting to take a more serious toll on him given his age and all.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight   Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Yeah .... a true warrior....

Dan: "Dana said I can wait until my next title shot... that way I can't get knocked off the ladder by some young up and comer... no no its not favoritism or anything like that... its just what Dana said... yup my buddy Dana.... have I ever told you how much I liked Dana... "

sheesh
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight   Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 2:24 am

Henderson somehow finds a reason to complain in 3......2.......1.......
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight   Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 2:13 pm

I have a suspicion Dana is favoring Hendo because he KO'd Fedor lol.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4016

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight   Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 10:48 pm

Someone said it before but I'll repeat it here: Hendo knows he's nearing the end of his career and his chances at a title shot are fleeting. If he has the opportunity now he damn sure isn't going to chance losing it. Smart move for him but I don't think he could beat Jones or Silva.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight   Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:03 am

Yeah, fine. But he shouldn't be bitching about Rashad getting the shot at Jones first (quotes from a different thread). This was all already in motion while he was slumming it in SF.

It just seems like he always finds something to complain about lately. I get it that he has been around for a long time, but other than crushing cans in Pride and KOing a brain-damaged Wanderlei, he doesn't really have any championship credentials.

It just seems that he thinks he is above anything less than a gift-wrapped title shot as of late, and if he has to do anything other than fight for a title, he finds a reason to feel like a victim.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight   Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 3:16 am

Hendo will fight for title, lose ... then he will be done.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight   Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Trigg: Damn "KO'ing a brain damaged Wanderlei"

I would condemn you ... if I wasn't giggling so hard.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight   Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:59 pm

lol!

I figured that line might get a reaction or two.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight   Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:07 pm

9Teen_AT4 wrote:
I have a suspicion Dana is favoring Hendo because he KO'd Fedor lol.

you might be on to some thing there. To be honest i think Paul Daley has a better shot at getting back into the UFC than Fedor. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight   Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White: Dan Henderson will get next title shot at Light Heavyweight or Middleweight
Page 1 of 1