The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 Vote_lcapEvans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 Voting_barEvans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 Vote_lcapEvans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 Voting_barEvans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145

Go down 
+6
9Teen_AT4
Zacchaeus
norcalmatt
Krieger
Triggerman99
Chrom
10 posters

Who will be victorious?
Jon Jones
Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 Vote_lcap54%Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Rashad Evans
Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 Vote_lcap46%Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 Empty
PostSubject: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:49 am

Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 2pt2xvk
Quote :
Forget about the complicated X’s and O’s that tend to come out of Greg Jackson’s famed academy, Rashad Evans (Pictured) believes it will be all about dropping vicious blows when he challenges light heavyweight king Jon Jones at UFC 145.

“I know I will beat Jon Jones,” Evans matter-of-factly stated in a press release. “He can talk about improvements he’s made, but there are still some things in his game he can never change. He’s a long, rangy fighter and I’m going to get inside, unleash my stuff, take him down and ground-and-pound him.

“I’m at a level in my career where I can take down and ground-and-pound anyone.”

Although Evans left Jackson’s team over a year believing they favored Jones over him, “Suga” was in Albuquerque, New Mexico long enough to learn the ins and outs of the gym and its philosophies.

While his split with Jackson was far from amicable, Evans has since joined the Blackzilians and believes his new squad provides the breath of fresh air needed to lead him back down championship lane.

“I know all about [Jones], all about his coaches and all about his camp,” Evans expressed. “I could probably tell you what he’s doing in the gym right now. He’s in the exact same environment doing the exact same things with the exact same people. But I’m in a different environment, I knew I had to learn, had to mix things up and I had to change. Jon has no idea what I will do on the night.

“I’ve got the advantage mentally, too. He’s not ‘Jon Jones unbeatable champion’ to me. I know the real Jon, the nervous kid...
Source

Who do you guys got? Do you think Rashad will be able to take Jones to the ground and pound him out or will this be another text book ass whoopin put on by the LHW champ?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59444

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:04 pm

I'll go with textbook ass-whooping for 400, Alex.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 2:04 pm

There is nothing more satisfying than seeing Rachad twitching on the ground after being KO'd. I will not be disappointed at the end of this fight and I will enjoy the Rashad twitching machine as Jones raises his arms in victory.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16389

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:08 pm

i sort of think rashad may take it.....i wont be at all disappointed if he doesnt but i feel like he may know what to expect coming out of jacksons camp.....
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5398

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:11 pm

I don't think Rashad has the tools to beat Jones. The matchup isn't favorable to say the least. While Rashad might seem confident, that confidence is either coming from a distorted memory or a complete underestimate of Jons Jones abilities in a real fight.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7706

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm gonna go with the un-popular opinion and say Rashad will beat Jon Jones Very Happy .

I know though Jon Jones has all the tools to win and will probably toy with Rashad and then whoop his ass..... Jones is the new breed, the new Evolution of the MMA fighter. Well, I'm gonna give Rashad a chance for the sake of it.

Rashad has got to dig deep. If he doesn't win, then he will be a gatekeeper like Gray Maynard, Rich Franklin, Josh Koscheck etc etc.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 9:34 pm

i for sure think jones is the new breed but i can see his own confidence causing him to drop at least 1 fight. i want to see him lose 1 and bounce back even better! may or may not happen but if it does, i think rashad just might be the one....i thought machida had a good chance and we saw how that went......
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28620

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 3:47 am

This is just one of those fights that no matter who wins, I'll be happy. Not so much that I care about who will be holding the belt, just who will be twitching on the floor after the fight is stopped.... which will most likely be.........

Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 2uzuf48
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10305

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Rashad has nothing to offer Jones. Another Jones destruction is forth coming
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:59 am

Berserk wrote:
This is just one of those fights that no matter who wins, I'll be happy. Not so much that I care about who will be holding the belt, just who will be twitching on the floor after the fight is stopped.... which will most likely be.........

Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 2uzuf48

I had not seen this photo ... I love it.... I wonder how close to this shot Rachad will look when Jones KO's him.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35192

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:02 am

norcalmatt wrote:
i for sure think jones is the new breed but i can see his own confidence causing him to drop at least 1 fight. i want to see him lose 1 and bounce back even better! may or may not happen but if it does, i think rashad just might be the one....i thought machida had a good chance and we saw how that went......

Careful what you wish for.
Jones is a Jackson fighter, so if he loses a fight, it's pretty likely the rest of his fights in his UFC career will be boring safe decisions.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:30 am

^^^that true enough......and yet another reason i want to see him get destroyed.....i want people to figure out jacksons puzzle and be able to go in and bring it to his fighters no matter how safe they try to play it!
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7706

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:47 pm

If Rashad can't do it... no one will be able to for a very long long long long time.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10252

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:26 pm

jones via machida drop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145   Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145 Empty

Back to top Go down

Evans Reveals Game Plan for Jon Jones at UFC 145
Page 1 of 1