The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind Vote_lcapAnthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind Voting_barAnthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind Vote_lcapAnthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind Voting_barAnthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind

Go down 
+2
butterknifeninja
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22829

Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind Empty
PostSubject: Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind   Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind Ufcant11
"After 13 professional mixed martial arts fights, Anthony Johnson (Pictured) has finally found a place to call home – actually, make that two new places.

As a welterweight, Johnson had his fair share of troubles having missed weight on two separate occasions. However, with his middleweight debut exactly 10 days away, the 27-year-old is anxious to put his past in his rear-view mirror and unleash the new-and-improved “Rumble.”

“I weigh 215 [pounds] right now. I still feel great,” Johnson stated during Wednesday’s UFC 142 conference call. “The weight is gonna come off, no problem. This is easy. This is going to be a lot of fun for me. That’s why I feel so good because I don’t have to cut the weight that I used to have to cut.

“I’m more explosive, I’m more athletic, everything has come to where it needs to be right now. I’m peaking at the right time. You are going to see a new, more dangerous ‘Rumble’ at 185 pounds.”

Despite compiling a respectable 10-3 mark in the welterweight division, “so far” it appears he’s done with his old weight class. Johnson admitted that not having to count every single calorie he consumes has helped ease the stress on his latest training camp.

“Right now, middleweight is where I am and that’s all I’m thinking about,” Johnson flatly stated. “I really don’t mind fighting middleweight because I get to eat more now. So I feel a thousand times better than when I fought at 170.”

The middleweight division isn’t the only place Johnson has started anew. After previously honing his skills with the famed American Kickboxing Academy, Johnson has taken his talents to Boca Raton, Florida to perfect his game with an upstart MMA squad.

“I train at Imperial [Athletics] with the Blackzilians,” he proudly shared. “This is my home, this is where I’m staying. I’m not going anywhere.” "
source
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3986

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind   Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:40 pm

So he's leaving one of the top mma gyms to train with an "upstart" bunch of guys called the "blackzilians"??? I don't see this ending well for him...
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59423

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind   Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:58 pm

He was at AKA?!

I had no idea, considering he just fought Koscheck like 3 fights ago. That's weird.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind   Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
He was at AKA?!

I had no idea, considering he just fought Koscheck like 3 fights ago. That's weird.

This! I was gonna mention the Kos fight... I had no freakin' Idea he was at AKA..?!?!?!

Imperial Athletics: Antonio Silva, Rashad Evans , Tryone Spong, Marcus Aurelio

Rashad Evan's explains Blackzillians -> half of the team consisted of Brazillians, and the other half Black.

Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35171

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind   Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:01 am

That's really a pic of Anthony Johnson??
Dude looks like Quinton Jackson.

I cannot wait for this fight.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3762

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind   Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:10 am

I figured he was at AKA because he trained under Cung Le who trained out of AKA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind   Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind Empty

Back to top Go down

Anthony Johnson Leaves AKA and Welterweight Division Behind
Page 1 of 1