The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice Vote_lcapFrank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice Voting_barFrank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice Vote_lcapFrank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice Voting_barFrank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice

Go down 
+5
Berserk
Krieger
DEP
butterknifeninja
Chrom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22829

Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice Empty
PostSubject: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Quote :
Before X-rays for Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira’s right arm were even taken, and the UFC had the opportunity to post this gruesome pic of what Frank Mir (Pictured) did to it, Mir was asked about the possibility of making a quick turnaround to face Brock Lesnar in three weeks at UFC 141.

According to the trusty rumor mill, Alistair Overeem’s highly-anticipated big league debut may be in jeopardy because he’s listed on the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s agenda for Monday.

Some have suggested it revolves around a flunked pre-fight drug test, while others have said it may concern licensing issues. Either way, Mir is more than happy to meet Lesnar for a third time should the chatter hold true.

“If the rumors that you’re hearing are true, I wouldn’t mind having to step in for Overeem and taking on Brock,” Mir matter-of-factly stated. “I’m pretty healthy and three weeks isn’t bad turnaround.”

While Christmas at the Mir household would face significant restrictions because the former interim heavyweight champ would be intrenched in another rigorous training camp, he states it’s worth the sacrifice given what is at stake.

“I only fought a three-minute fight [against Big Nog], so I’m feeling pretty good,” Mir said of making the New Year’s weekend appointment. “My wife might not be happy about Christmas but, eh, she can deal with it.”

Mir ruined Lesnar’s Octagon debut in February 2008, but the former WWE superstar violently avenged the submission loss in their July 2009 rematch.

For the record, UFC president Dana White vehemently denied knowing anything new about Overeem’s status.

“Where does this [expletive] come from?” White asked. “We usually find out immediately.”
Source

Ah for fuck sakes!
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3986

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:43 pm

I love Dana's reaction. Hopefully Overeem can still take the fight, I really want to see what he can do against a guy like Brock.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9462

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Bad style match up. Always will be no matter what Mir does to someone's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5710

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Heh Frank breaks Lesnar's knee and fuks up the whole heavyweight division again. affraid
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28599

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:17 am

I've said it a million times, I don't want to see this fight! I've already seen it twice already and Brock is going to run through Mir. Although what else is the UFC going to do? Mir is really the only other HW that can actually step up to fight since Carwin, Nog & Cain are injured... Nelson doesn't really deserve a shot, Kongo I guess?

fuck, lets just see Mark Hunt vs Brock..... I got Hunt by brutal KO Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22829

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:08 am

Kongo would be the best choice out of em I think. The closest style wise to Reem and a good striker to warm Brock up for the JDS fight. Also in the unlikely event Cheik wins we get a fresh face in the title picture.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15303

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:23 am

Chrom wrote:
Kongo would be the best choice out of em I think. The closest style wise to Reem and a good striker to warm Brock up for the JDS fight. Also in the unlikely event Cheik wins we get a fresh face in the title picture.

yup i agree with all of this. Kongo makes the best choice and if it did happen kongo vs JDS would be a pretty sick fight i think.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5902

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:54 pm

The idea of Mir and Brock for the third time does nothing for me,
as stated before Mir won the 1st won via Brock's gross inexperience;
Brock won the 2nd viciously smashing Mir's shit. The third would most
likely end the same way as the 2nd as I was not impressed with Mir's stand up
performance versus Nog, Big Nog was winning the striking battle by far imo.

Although stepping up to make a fight happen that has high anticipation is a ballsy
move that I cannot help but respect, regardless of whether it happens or not.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5710

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Why not a tie breaker? Frank breaks Lesnar's knee... works for me. Heh and I like Brock.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5902

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:39 pm

^^
I concur, more or less for the fact that Mir is willing to fight him in 3 weeks after
taking out Big Nog inside of round 1. Mir is on a high, and Brock is coming back
from a long delay on the shelf; could be good for both guys; although I am not
even going to try and put Mir in that spot and say he deserves it.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7938

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:02 pm

the only good thing about mir winning this saturday was that he now thinks he is good again. hopefully dana gives him somebody like cain...he would get his shit pushed in so hard he wont walk straight for a year. brock would demolish him too.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59423

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:13 am

I don't care what anyone says about Mir.... that guy is a top contender.

Can he beat Brock? Probably not. But would you want to see the 3rd fight in the trilogy? Yes.

Mir will probably lose, but fuck it. These two fucking hate each other, and it's gonna be dripping with hate if and when it happens. At the worst, Brock absolutely slaughters him, and at the best, it's an epic battle of rivals for the ages.

Who cares!
I would rather see Reem vs Brock, but I can't think of a better replacement at this point.
A year ago, I would've said no way, but Mir has momentum now.
Bring it on!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice   Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice Empty

Back to top Go down

Frank Mir Happy to Fight Brock Lesnar on Three Weeks Notice
Page 1 of 1