The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
who do you have this weekend? Vote_lcapwho do you have this weekend? Voting_barwho do you have this weekend? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
who do you have this weekend? Vote_lcapwho do you have this weekend? Voting_barwho do you have this weekend? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

who do you have this weekend?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10209

who do you have this weekend? Empty
PostSubject: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 9:13 am

Featherweight Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis

Welterweight Donald Cerrone vs. Matt Brown

Featherweight Cub Swanson vs. Doo Ho Choi

Middleweight Tim Kennedy vs. Kelvin Gastelum

Welterweight Jordan Mein vs. Emil Weber Meek
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 9:14 am

Holloway decision

brown tko

choi tko

kennedy decision

mein decision
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 10:36 am

pettis misses weight by 3 pounds...
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35149

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 3:52 pm

Pettis, Cerrone, Swanson, Kenedy... all by decision.
Pettis gets added to my shit list.
Mein by KO.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59401

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Holloway by decision

Cowboy by tko

Swanson by decision

Kennedy by decision

Mein by tko
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 12:31 pm

kennedy looked terrible.

supposedly pettis broke his hand on the first punch which sucks because I wanted to see a war between those 2 and that fight was a bit dull for me

swanson vs choi fight of the year to me. that kid has some chin

cowboy vs masvidal is going to be sick - cowboy looks the best he ever looked.

I cant wait to watch meek fight again dude looks amazing
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 7:23 pm

I didn't see these fights, but yeah; word is Kennedy looked utterly harmless in there. I'm sure he's gonna find some way to blame this on somebody else and spend the next 3 months bitching about something.

Cowboy deserves a bigger matchup than Masvidal IMO. That's not a knock on Masvidal, but come on. This is clearly a "backburner" fight for Cerrone.

Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 7:45 am

drainbamage wrote:

supposedly pettis broke his hand on the first punch which sucks because I wanted to see a war between those 2 and that fight was a bit dull for me

Did he break he legs before the fight too? Maybe that's why he couldn't make weight like a professional?

Yeah, Masvidal seems like quite a step back. I hope he was told that if he annihilates him that he will get the next available title shot.

I'm guessing there are injuries at the top of the chain that are screwing things up. You'd think a Thompson/Woodley rematch is in order and Maia/Cerrone to fight the winner makes the most sense.

Lawler should be fighting the Dong. Although, he's been out of the game for a while, which is probably why they are giving him Saffiedine first to make sure he is still top of chain for the division.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Yeah like I said, this is a backburner fight for Cerrone to basically stay warm until a bigger fight becomes available.
With that said, while is think Cerrone is still a higher caliber fighter, he better not take Masvidal lightly.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22807

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Man that Cub Swanson vs. Doo Ho Choi fight was fun as hell to watch! The whole card in general was pretty solid imo
I knew after the first round that it was only gonna be a matter of time til Cerrone caught Brown flush with that kick... he was landing it all night and after he took some body shots he lowered his guard too much and too often. Great fight as well though.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 11:25 am

masvidal vs cerrone is a really tough fight to call. I think cerrone has better ground game and masvidal has better take down defense.
striking is split with kicks going to cerrone and fists masvidal..
should be interesting.

I don't think ufc wants maia fighting for the title. they seem to have finishers in most divisions as champions and these are the champions people could start to get behind. a guy like maia no matter how great he is it would be like jon fitch winning the belt.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 3:15 pm

Maia has actually finished 3 of his last 4.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 3:30 pm

Maia has had a couple snore fests, but they've mostly come against guys he was considerably outclassed against (Silva, Weidman), and he pretty much just went on defensive throwing jabs mode.

I wouldn't mind seeing Maia against any of the current 3-4 at WW.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 2:07 pm

didn't realize that he had those finishes..
im just not a fan of his style so I think I block him out.
but he has the best bjj in the ww division id say
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7916

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 5:30 am

maia is fucking awesome. i enjoy his master class in grappling just as much as i enjoy watching someone being artful on their feet, like dillashaw, or now, maybe Cody.
Maia is a genius grappler...welll, past the point of a takedown. He need to improve in that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who do you have this weekend?   who do you have this weekend? Empty

Back to top Go down

who do you have this weekend?
Page 1 of 1