UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomeCalendarPublicationsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom

Triggerman99

drainbamage

Gecko

9Teen_AT4

Krieger

butterknifeninja

stock

FistK

samger2

Latest topics
» Khabib vs McGregor Chaos
Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:45 pm by Chrom

» UFC 229 Free Fight: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Michael Johnson
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:02 pm by Chrom

» UFC 229 Free Fight: Conor McGregor vs Eddie Alvarez
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:01 pm by Chrom

» UFC 229 Free Fight: Conor McGregor vs Chad Mendes
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:00 pm by Chrom

» Could Stipe Miocic Be UFC's 'Next Great Heavyweight'?
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:59 pm by Chrom

» Hiiiiiiiii
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:57 pm by Chrom

» Anyone doing BJJ?
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:49 pm by DEP

» mmastandard.forumotion.com is our temp url
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:24 am by Chrom

» UFC 220 Countdown: Full Episode
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:47 pm by Chrom

Affiliates
October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Roy Nelson publicly apologizes for kicking John McCarthy at UFC Fight Night 95

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder

Standard Cash : 57407

PostSubject: Roy Nelson publicly apologizes for kicking John McCarthy at UFC Fight Night 95   Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:53 pm

Quote :
Roy Nelson apologized on Friday for his actions at the end of his Sept. 24 victory over Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva at UFC Fight Night 95 in Brazil.

After dropping Silva with a right uppercut late in the second round, Nelson reluctantly delivered a few more shots before referee “Big” John McCarthy stepped in to stop the action. Nelson was upset for what felt was a late stoppage. He kicked or pushed McCarthy in the buttocks out of frustration after the fight. He then flipped McCarthy off while hurling obscenities at the veteran referee.

Nelson then found himself in hot water with the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA), which issued a nine-month suspension and roughly $23,000 fine for his actions at the end of his last fight.

In announcing the penalty, CABMMA added that Nelson could reduce his suspension to six months and his fine to roughly $13,000, if he were to make a formal apology, preferably within the presence of McCarthy, by Dec. 31, 2016.

It wasn’t at a formal press conference as CABMMA had hoped, but Nelson did apologize at Friday’s The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale official early weigh-in at The Palms in Las Vegas.

“First, I’d like to apologize to the fans who make our sport, the Brazilian commission, John McCarthy, the rest of the world, my team, and especially my family for my actions in my last fight. My actions were out of character,” Nelson said, reading from a prepared statement.

“I have nothing against anyone, including John McCarthy. I recognize what I did was a mistake and I was wrong. I can’t apologize enough to John McCarthy, the commission, and the MMA fans around the world. I can’t wait to get back in the Octagon to entertain the fans.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/roy-nelson-publicly-apologizes-for-kicking-referee-john-mccarthy

I kind of wish Nelson would just go away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Roy Nelson publicly apologizes for kicking John McCarthy at UFC Fight Night 95
Page 1 of 1