The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor Vote_lcapVadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor Voting_barVadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor Vote_lcapVadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor Voting_barVadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10200

Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor Empty
PostSubject: Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor   Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:41 pm

There is of course a new promotion, risen from the old, cold ashes of Pride, called Rizin. The debut is New Years Eve, and features the return of the greatest heavyweight in MMA history, maybe vs. Jaideep Singh. Singh is on a three-fight losing streak in kickboxing, losing one in each of the past three years. In 2013 he had the first and so far only MMA fight of his career, a win over an Iranian fighter who was then 0-1, and has not fought since. In 2010 Singh had a grappling match with Hideki Sekine and lost 1-27.

PRIDE died when Miro Mijatovic, the former manager for Mirko Cro Cop and Fedor Emelianenko, filed a lawsuit in Japan that alleged Yakuza ties to the promotion. This resulted in a loss of the television deals that were at the center of PRIDE's financial viability. For details, check out Dan Herbertson's interview of Miro Mijatovic on Spike TV's MMA Uncensored.

Mr. Ishizaka (Kim Dok Soo), the mob boss who is believed to have acquired control of PRIDE, and later sold it to ZUFFA, reportedly fled to Korea when Yakuza ties to PRIDE were alleged in the suit, and repeated in newspaper articles. Ishizaka's front man was alleged to be Nobuyuki Sakakibara, the new boss at Rizin.

Fedor's former long-time manager, Vadim Finkelchtein, did an extended interview with Ilya Buyaev for Russia's Sportbox.ru. As might be expected from a potential competitor, Vadim is not impressed with Rizin. Fedor is at present believed to be managed by his wife Oxana. Translation was provided by Finkelchtein's M1Global.tv.

Ilya Buyaev: What do you think about Fedor Emelianenko opposition in the new Japanese promotion? They say it could be Jaideep Singh. Is that a proper match-up for the Last Emperror.
Vadim Finkelchtein: No, definitely it isn't. But... Fedor makes all the decisions by himself now. In our past, all troubles and accusations used to befall on me. They said that I was the reason that Fedor didn't fight in UFC. But now I say officially: I don't have any relations to this one. Nothing. As for Jaideep Singh, I think he is no match to Fedor Emelianenko. Too weak opposition for him.

IB: Who would you like Fedor to fight if he comes to M-1 Global? Just theoretucally.

VF: We have a lot of proper fighters of a high level. I'd put Marcin Tybura or Stephan Puetz against the Fedor. But you see, we in Russia are limited with our resources. We can't compete with UFC or these new Japans, who emerged recently. They said about some merger between Bellator, KSW... Shinoda called me recently and told about this. But I don't think this is a serious initiative. I don't even understand the concept? Who will pay for all of this, who will have rights and copyright? I think this is an utopia from the very beginning.

IB: You didn't want to participate in this project?

VF: They offered ne to join. About 1 year ago Sakakibara called me. But I didn't take it seriously. I don't believe in such projects. Look, I have a company and many contracts with Television. How we will share this? Who will own all of this? Should I keep it, of Japanese will take it from me, or will we cut it somehow? And what if I have already obligations to some Japanese TV-channel? My professional opinion - all they do now is some kind of shady entersprise. But I don't have enought info - so let's see where will they come in the end.

IB: Well, they have Fedor Emelianenko...

VF: That's clear they have such kind of draw as Fedor. But you can't ride on his back forever. You don't play cards with the Ace only, right? If they manage to get a decent team... But they need to entice more fighters, and pay huge money. I have a great fighters in M-1 and the only problem is that they're being enticed by UFC. Where do Japans get TOP fighters - I don't know. Maybe some of them will be provided by Bellator or KSW. Still I don't know any fighter of TOP-level in KSW, except Mamed Khalidov

https://m1global.tv/news/jaideep_singh_is_no_opponent_for_fedor_emelianenko/
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59392

PostSubject: Re: Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor   Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:48 pm

Yup, even more of a joke than I initially thought!!

Face Palm
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7907

PostSubject: Re: Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor   Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 3:35 am

never thought that Fickleshit would be the voice of "tell it like it is" and reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor   Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor Empty

Back to top Go down

Vadim: Rizin seems 'shady', Jaideep 'too weak' for Fedor
Page 1 of 1