The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  Vote_lcapJosh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  Voting_barJosh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  Vote_lcapJosh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  Voting_barJosh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59392

Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  Empty
PostSubject: Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler    Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Quote :
Former UFC fighter Josh Neer uploaded a video to YouTube recently that depicts him beating up a man whom he claimed was a heckler on Facebook.

By Tuesday, the video was taken down, replaced by a statement from YouTube explaining it had been removed the footage because it violated the website’s policy, which prohibits “content designed to harass, bully or threaten.”

Neer used Facebook to explain his side of the story in a post that was published on his now-deleted personal account.

“Ok I guess I have to defend myself since everyone’s talking crap,” Neer wrote. “This fool has been talking crap about mma fighters for months. He’s 6’6″ 270 lbs so Im not gonna sit her and let this fool bully everyone. If he was my size I woulda just ignored it. Then he writes me on fb and I tell him if he wants to fight then show up at 530 at practice (40 mins after I was already practicing) so we fought. Hopefully he can learn a lesson and humble himself.”

The comment section for the post was largely filled with support for Neer, congratulating the fighter for his act.

Neer also spoke with BloodyElbow.com, calling the man identified as Patrick Martin a “dumbass,” adding that uploading the video was done in hopes that Martin would learn a lesson. Additional images of Neer’s messages with the man showed that Martin hoped the two would develop a friendship after their fight.

Martin’s Facebook page had several status updates relating to Neer, including one where he suggested Neer should have uploaded all of the footage of their fight. The video, as seen above, is only 17 seconds.

“IF YOU BELIEVE THATS HOW THAT WENT DOWN THEN YOUR A DAMN FOOL,” Martin wrote, using all capital letters in the post. “THAT WAS 15 SECONDS AFTER THE ROUND WAS OVER AND I TOOK OUT MY MOUTH PIECE TO TO GO AROUND WITH THE NEXT GUY! WELL IF THATS WHAT HAPPEND WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!”

A representative for the Iowa Athletic Commission told TMZ.com that they’re aware of the incident and determining if any rules were broken that would violate commission rules.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/video-reveals-former-ufc-fighter-josh-neer-elbowing-soccer-kicking-internet-heckler

So what does everyone think of this? I think we here are somewhere in the middle of the spectrum on this; we're not pro fighters who beat the shit out of an untrained civilian, but we're not idiotic internet heckler douchebags who harrass fighters and claim we would kick their asses, either. So I think we can look at this neutrally and discuss whether this guy deserved the beating he got.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22798

PostSubject: Re: Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler    Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:23 pm

I think the video it self shows right where it went too far IMO
The fight it self could be looked at as a smoker... kinda. No big deal, two grown men agreeing to fight in a "safe" area. The ass whooping was called for, but the after ko shots and the kick to the face when he was getting pulled off was fuckin low, especially for a professional to pull.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler    Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 10:42 pm

Yeah I'm pretty much in total agreement with you.
I can't say "No, he shouldn't have laid a finger on the guy" any more than I can say "Yep, shoulda kept beating on him until he choked on his own blood".
It's not black and white.
We all know guys like this, and sometimes an ass whooping is the only thing that will ever be able to shut them up. But as a professional, you just don't do what Neer did at the end. It's unnecessary and actually makes Neer look like the asshole here, which kinda defeats the purpose of the point Neer was trying to make.

With all that said, the guy apparently is still talking mad shit, so I guess some people just really don't ever know when to shut up! lol
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15272

PostSubject: Re: Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler    Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:21 am

Triggerman99 wrote:

With all that said, the guy apparently is still talking mad shit, so I guess some people just really don't ever know when to shut up! lol

lol! man you would think after that ass whipping he would have shut his mouth for sure. I mean you are a 6'4 dude weighing in close to or around 200 pounds and you got your ass beat down by a guy who was in the middle of the pack of 155'ers you would think that would humble a guy.

Side note the punches at the end i didn't really have a problem with but yeah the kick at the very end was kinda low. If he just stopped at the punches, i would have said he just made a little stamp on it at the very end. But the kick takes it to far. You wouldn't get away with that in a UFC and most gyms wont tolerate a move like that to be done.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler    Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:29 am

^^^
Yeah I agree. The guy wasn't unconscious, so the elbows and punches weren't really an issue to me. But the kick took it too far.
And I highly doubt the round was over when this happened as this guy is trying to claim. I don't care how much of a jerk he is, the rest of the people in that gym are not gonna let a pro fighter wail on him for 10 seconds after the bell sounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler    Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler  Empty

Back to top Go down

Josh Neer Posts Video of Beating He Put on Internet Heckler
Page 1 of 1