The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Did Nate deserve the beating he took? Vote_lcapDid Nate deserve the beating he took? Voting_barDid Nate deserve the beating he took? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Did Nate deserve the beating he took? Vote_lcapDid Nate deserve the beating he took? Voting_barDid Nate deserve the beating he took? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Did Nate deserve the beating he took?

Go down 
+3
FistK
Triggerman99
Krieger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5688

Did Nate deserve the beating he took? Empty
PostSubject: Did Nate deserve the beating he took?   Did Nate deserve the beating he took? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:15 pm

I don't want to start an anti-Nate thread but I think he deserved the beating he took last night from Dos Angos. His un-professional attitude towards the fight in his pre-fight obligations, making weight, interviews, public training sessions are all part of the job. Being a "rebel" only gets you so far as far as I'm concerned.

The final straw for me was at the end of the fight when from his back he starts slapping Dos Angos saying something akin to "If you want to be a champ you have to submit me!" I found this kinda low-class trying to lay out conditions of victory after being owned, crippled and beaten for the entire fight. On the other had I like Dos Angos' response which was to lay a 'bitch slapping' back on him right at the end.
http://www.mmatko.com/battle-of-the-bitch-slaps-nate-diaz-vs-rafael-dos-anjos-fight-gif-ufc-on-fox-13/
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59401

PostSubject: Re: Did Nate deserve the beating he took?   Did Nate deserve the beating he took? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:00 am

Well I'm a Diaz fan, but I think he did kind of get what was coming to him.
Just to be clear, I figured Diaz would get his ass handed to him as soon as this fight was announced, long before he missed weight or bailed on his other obligations or whatever, so the loss wasn't a shock to me. But he definitely needs to wake up and stop this nonsense about seeing himself as the true best LW in the world and all that shit.
You don't get to play the unfairly treated uncrowned champion when you get your ass kicked more often lately than you do the ass kicking.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12567

PostSubject: Re: Did Nate deserve the beating he took?   Did Nate deserve the beating he took? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:00 am

Haha, yeah even when this fight was first announced I pictured Jos Silva saying "and this is for being such a pain in the ass" lol
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35149

PostSubject: Re: Did Nate deserve the beating he took?   Did Nate deserve the beating he took? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Fuck him for not making weight. If he was injured he should have just not fought.
Stupid. Fuck him.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Did Nate deserve the beating he took?   Did Nate deserve the beating he took? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:57 pm

Yeah he was visibly overweight for this fight. He had like a spare tire situation going on there! lol
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10262

PostSubject: Re: Did Nate deserve the beating he took?   Did Nate deserve the beating he took? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 4:42 pm

I'm not a fan of either of the two Diaz brothers. IMO they don't deserve to be in the UFC, the old argument of "they're exciting fighters that bring it" doesn't hold water anymore, neither of them are anymore exciting than the next guy, they have pitter patter punches and are the most disrespectful fighters to ever step foot in the octagon. I used to want to see them beat up, now I just don't want to see them at all.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10209

PostSubject: Re: Did Nate deserve the beating he took?   Did Nate deserve the beating he took? EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 1:35 pm

i thought that fight was going to be a war between those two. the one sidedness was shocking to me. maybe it was an injury that caused diaz to "suck" in the cage or maybe it was dosanjos was way to much for him.

i feel like nate just tries to fight like nick way too much and it has a negative impact on him. i like the diaz brothers. i like what they bring to the sport. they have their own gimmick the same way chael, tito, diego sanchez, conor mcgregor and many others have. they are the "bad boys" of mma but more times than not they back up the trash talk and make you forget all the bullshit they put the ufc through. at least for me they do.

i dont see nate being a contender again in either weight division. i think he knows this too. he has become a gatekeeper to the elite in the 155 division.

i wouldnt mind seeing nate in another org. nick if he works on his tdd i think he still has a lot to offer if he goes back to his roots of fighting.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Did Nate deserve the beating he took?   Did Nate deserve the beating he took? EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 5:46 pm

I don't know, I just am not nearly as shocked as you seem to be that Diaz got steamrolled in this fight. I don't think it was because of injury, and I don't think it was because of being out of shape or anything. I just think RDA is an absolute killer lately.
In fact here's what I wrote back near the end of September when the fight was first announced, just so you don't think I'm speaking out of hindsight. LOL!

Quote :
I don't know.
I'm a big Diaz fan and he's gonna be game for sure, but I think dos Anjos is gonna buzzsaw him. He's just looked unstoppable lately.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3740

PostSubject: Re: Did Nate deserve the beating he took?   Did Nate deserve the beating he took? EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 11:11 pm

RDA has looked great lately and this just continues to show his trend of being vulnerable to leg kicks (Ben Henderson and James Thompson). I don't mind the slaps from guard too much ,but it sort of reminds me of those streetfight videos where somebody talks shit, gets their ass kicked, and then talks shit again saying they'd fuck the person (who just fucked them up) up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Nate deserve the beating he took?   Did Nate deserve the beating he took? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did Nate deserve the beating he took?
Page 1 of 1