The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! Vote_lcapRenzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! Voting_barRenzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! Vote_lcapRenzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! Voting_barRenzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59423

Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! Empty
PostSubject: Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!   Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Quote :
Gracie was walking to his car in Manhattan late Thursday night/early Friday morning when he noticed a couple suspicious characters following him. A confrontation ensued and Gracie took care of the matter in his own unique style, going home afterwards, his fist the only thing worse for the wear.

Below is a collection of Renzo Gracie’s (@RenzoGracieBJJ) tweets (compiled by GracieMag.com) during the incident:

22nd street and 10th ave right now two guys following me, can’t help but have a big smile upon my face Im talking about a happy one )))

Waiting for them… Are they really thinking I’m drunk??? They have to be kidding. Hahahaha

25th and 10ave they are getting closer lol

I just stop to take a pic, they pretend they are looking at the window, can’t lie… My blood runs in a different speed, man I miss Brazil

JiuJitsu )) never leave home without it

Please hold there for just a couple minutes be right back

They are coming closer, asking for a cigaret lol can’t help but have a smile in my face. I don’t smoke. Pretend to wobble. They smile

Back as he runs, no chance to catch him… Even though I began to try to run after him, I realize How slow I was. (Expletive) it :-///

This one asks me why did I do that, pretending to be stupid, one little kick to the ribs makes him whine and apologize, as I’m writing this.

I ask him if he was planing to rob me, he says no. All he wanted was a cigarette, lol I can’t help but have a big smile upon my face, and ..

The certainty that if it was an ordinary man he would be sad about his stolen goods. (Expletive) cries like a bitch when the tide turns…

I can’t help but take a pic as his nose bleeds and he wines and asks why did I do that… Like he doesn’t know the reason…

My (expletive) hands hurt, hurt like hell…

Drove around two blocks… The other fellow disappear, I’m heading home… Angry for not finding the second one. Guess no sleeping tonight

I knew it yessss

There is basic things like you don’t come back to where the problem was.. You just don’t, I knew he would, just going around the block would

Be enough… Dumb (expletive) I just gave him the old style Raccoon, it has been a while since the last time I did.. Choke him out 3 times…

And before he woke up I did hit each eye socket at least twice, tomorrow he will wake up like a raccoon, and every time he woke up I was…

Whispering at his ears.. That’s what death feels like it.. Don’t do that again. My (expletive) hand hurts, :-/ a lot

Next time I will use only the elbows, damn I miss that feeling, sometimes I wonder if the easy life has been making me

Soft.. All those years in Brazil, without knowing if I would make it home had to count for something, I can’t lie I could have jump in a cab

But I could not help, I could spot them from a mile away, walking was my option, thank you mayor Giuliani, nobody carries a gun in our…

Beautiful state, my lucky day, their bad day… My hand hurts and @FrankieEdgar is here at 9:30am for some training, shoot damn little guy

Could not take a second pic guys sorry, believe I try, as I reach for my iPhone he almost took off :-/ fast mofo

http://www.mmaweekly.com/renzo-gracie-live-tweets-alleged-mugging-attempt-in-new-york

Does anyone else find this a little strange? Something about this just doesn't quite add up for me.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15303

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!   Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:56 pm

^^^^^^

Beyond not making any sense!!!! Did i iss some thing? From how i was reading his tweets, some dude came up to him and thought he was drunk and asked for a smoe and next he is telling people he kicked him in the ribs and tried chasing him down and choked him out and beat on him while he was out? I swear i am missing some thing in translatioon here or it sounds like Renzo attacked some guy on a thought he might rob him. He wasnt even sure if he was going to and even had to ask him if he was trying?!!!! Renzo buddy if some one is trying to rob you, you will know it!!! Not to be rascist but dude you are from brazil if any one knows about a robbery getting ready to happen he would.--
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22829

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!   Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:18 pm

.... poor mooch just got his ass kicked... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!   Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:40 pm

Gecko wrote:
^^^^^^

Beyond not making any sense!!!! Did i iss some thing? From how i was reading his tweets, some dude came up to him and thought he was drunk and asked for a smoe and next he is telling people he kicked him in the ribs and tried chasing him down and choked him out and beat on him while he was out? I swear i am missing some thing in translatioon here or it sounds like Renzo attacked some guy on a thought he might rob him. He wasnt even sure if he was going to and even had to ask him if he was trying?!!!! Renzo buddy if some one is trying to rob you, you will know it!!! Not to be rascist but dude you are from brazil if any one knows about a robbery getting ready to happen he would.--
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Sounds like Renzo got himself all worked up over nothing, and then proceeded to stomp a dude out on a hunch. You don't just get to kick somebody's ass because they're near you and you think they might possibly try to mug you. On top of that, is he seriously bragging about 1) taking a picture of a guy bleeding and begging for mercy, 2) choking someone unconscious THREE SEPERATE TIMES, and 3) talking shit to him and punching him in the face while he's unconscious?

I don't know; this sounds less like vigilante justice than it does Renzo just being paranoid and irrational.

Regardless, I can't shake the feeling that he completely made this whole thing up. It's just almost too weird to believe. Am I supposed to believe that he thrashes one guy, stops to tweet about it, then beats him some more, then finds the other guy, beats him, tweets about it, beats him some more, tweets about it, etc?
Just picturing this scenario playing out makes me feel stupid.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9462

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!   Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:37 pm

He never found the second guy. Either he made the entire thing up (including the hand, maybe he punched a wall and took a pic of it) which is weird because Renzo isn't really the attention whore type from what I've seen, or it actually happened like that and he tweeted about it later. You don't really tweet WHILE you're in a street fight, although I could see the guy watching his friend get smacked around and scared as shit and therefore just kinda standing there as Renzo kicked his ass while on the phone. And, the reason why I believe him is because you don't follow someone for 3 blocks at 1am to ask them for a cigarette. Those two idiots picked the wrong guy, because not only is Renzo fearless and tough.... he's fucking nuts lol.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!   Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 pm

No I think he did actually find the other guy after initially giving up on the idea:

Quote :
Drove around two blocks… The other fellow disappear, I’m heading home… Angry for not finding the second one. Guess no sleeping tonight

I knew it yessss

There is basic things like you don’t come back to where the problem was.. You just don’t, I knew he would, just going around the block would

Be enough… Dumb (expletive) I just gave him the old style Raccoon, it has been a while since the last time I did.. Choke him out 3 times…

And before he woke up I did hit each eye socket at least twice, tomorrow he will wake up like a raccoon, and every time he woke up I was…

Whispering at his ears.. That’s what death feels like it.. Don’t do that again. My (expletive) hand hurts, :-/ a lot
Sounds like he was about to give up on the finding the secong guy, but then drove around the block and found him at the same spot.
Maybe he did tweet the entire thing after the fact, but the way he describes the events make it sound like its real time, like when he says they are "asking for a cigarette", as opposed to "then they asked for a cigarette". Eh, maybe just a lost in translation situation.

The way it played out with the dudes following him for 3 blocks definitely sounds like an attempted mugging, but where's the part where an attempted mugging actually happened? All I see is the possibilty, then a brief exchange where one asked for a cigarette, followed by one guy running away while Renzo kicks the dog shit out of his friend and then goes looking for the other guy so he can kick the dog shit out of him, too.
I don't mean to split hairs or come off as a criminal sympathizer or anything like that, but if anybody did something illegal or immoral here, it's Renzo.

Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12589

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!   Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:24 am

Yeah, he actually did find the second guy. He circled around a few times and the second guy came back to the scene and renzo choked him out and dotted his eyes for him.

Keep in mind he was tweeting while this was happening, so I am a giving Renzo the benefit of the doubt by assuming that he couldn't actually tweet during the mugging attempt itself only after they tried and he kicked them and they ran.

Not sure why but I actually thought this was great ...lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!   Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Well, if he actually was about to be mugged, then hell yeah; I think it's great, too. I am just wondering why if one of the guys made a move on him or something, why didn't he mention it, even after the fact? Maybe he just forgot, but like DEP said: Renzo is fucking nuts.
Who knows if he was actually going to be mugged or if he just went mental and beat the shit out of two guys for no good reason other than a paranoid thought he had.
From what I read, it sounds like the latter.

But like I said, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15303

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!   Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 pm

I dont know, I would still have to say after the 2nd (possible mugger) ran off and renzo chased him down with a car and kept circling to find him and kick the crap out of him, how did he not go to jail?!! Renzo i mean. He went out of his way to find a guy who ran off scared to beat him down. In any state that is going to jail. People have gone to jail defending there homes from burglers in there houses and just called the cops but becuase he used a bat to defend his home he is brought up on assult with a deadly weapon.(this crap happens all the time) but the great renzo is null and void of this?!!!
I would think for sure him being a licenced fighter would be even worse on him.

I think he made the whole thing up to ride the coat tails of the other mma fighter who did save a life recently. Lets face it Renzo hasnt been the most relevent guy in the MMA world for some time. This to me is the only reason he didnt go to jail for it cause it never happened!!!!
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9462

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!   Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Gecko wrote:
I dont know, I would still have to say after the 2nd (possible mugger) ran off and renzo chased him down with a car and kept circling to find him and kick the crap out of him, how did he not go to jail?!! Renzo i mean. He went out of his way to find a guy who ran off scared to beat him down. In any state that is going to jail. People have gone to jail defending there homes from burglers in there houses and just called the cops but becuase he used a bat to defend his home he is brought up on assult with a deadly weapon.(this crap happens all the time) but the great renzo is null and void of this?!!!
I would think for sure him being a licenced fighter would be even worse on him.

I think he made the whole thing up to ride the coat tails of the other mma fighter who did save a life recently. Lets face it Renzo hasnt been the most relevent guy in the MMA world for some time. This to me is the only reason he didnt go to jail for it cause it never happened!!!!

There is no doubt about that. It's 2 separate but related incidents: An alleged attempted robbery and a beatdown. That's bad for Renzo any way you slice it. The only reason I can figure for him not going to jail is because it's possible nobody saw/reported anything. I've never been to Manhattan and don't know what the streets look like there at the time in question, but I'm guessing that it's quiet but not dead. And even if it was witnessed, there are certainly enough instances of less than legal things going on that never get called in anyway. And, having been a nightlife type in the past and having been associated with "street" type characters, I know that street things that happen at night have a tendency to stay on the street. That is to say the guys who targeted him probably have records and Renzo, being from Brazil where they handle shit first and call the cops later probably figured if he can handle it then what are the cops going to do? So in my opinion that seems to give credibility to Renzo's story. If I was just walking home with my buddy and we coincidentally happened to be following some guy for at least 3 blocks, who then lays a beatdown on us completely unprovoked... shit I'm calling the cops. Maybe they did, who knows. They'd certainly have a good description on him and his vehicle. Or maybe they didn't because they were up to no good in the first place, which is the story I believe. That being said, it's probably a good idea for Renzo to avoid the area for awhile. Cops or street urchins are probably looking for him, but probably not both.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!   Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:30 pm

I think I'm honestly somewhere in the middle on this. I think the two guys probably did consider robbing him. maybe they were sizing up the situation, getting a good look at him, etc. A lot of times, just because these types of people are willing to rob someone and likely have done it before, it doesn't necessarily mean they're going to follow through with it this time. They typically will only committ to it if it's a 100% sure thing that they can pull it off. Like DEP, I am pretty familiar with this type of situation/these type of people. I was never in his line of work, but I was very, very often in these types of situations because of where and when I chose to be out. I have been followed on many occasions. Sometimes it ended up being nothing, and sometimes it was something. But even in some of those cases where it ended up being nothing, I had the feeling that it came very close to being something.
Maybe Renzo's instincts that it was about to be "something" kicked in and he went into attack mode. But my point is there is a big difference between thwarting an attempted mugging by defusing a dangerous situation and beating the shit out of two people who by all acounts did nothing wrong, one of whom you had to actually track down in your car before stomping out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!   Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it! Empty

Back to top Go down

Renzo Gracie beats up would be muggers....and live Tweets about it!
Page 1 of 1