The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters Vote_lcapMythical versions of reall MMA fighters Voting_barMythical versions of reall MMA fighters Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters Vote_lcapMythical versions of reall MMA fighters Voting_barMythical versions of reall MMA fighters Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters

Go down 
+2
Krieger
Triggerman99
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59401

Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters Empty
PostSubject: Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters   Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Quote :
MMA fans are affectionate towards their favorite legendary fighters, but sometimes, that affection borders on excessive.

And sometimes, it goes so far past excessive that it creates an everlasting myth around the fighters that's certainly apocryphal, but idealistic fans never fail to believe it without question.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1138027-ufc-mythical-versions-of-real-mma-fighters-that-fans-still-believe-in#/articles/1138027-ufc-mythical-versions-of-real-mma-fighters-that-fans-still-believe-in

I agree with most of them....otherwise I wouldn't have posted it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5688

PostSubject: Re: Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters   Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:22 pm

This guy is already fuked .... he thinks Tank wasn't the world beater he really was? Man that is fuked..... they could put Tank in the ring today with the Paper Emperor and Tank would KICK HIS ASS.... wooot yeah... put that in your face Fedor.... Yeah!

C'mon boys .... who's with me? WAR TANK......!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22807

PostSubject: Re: Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters   Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:34 pm

If hendo can KO him Tank could too... but it would have to be in the first 28 seconds, after that Tank turns to turds and gets pummeled on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters   Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:00 pm

I liked the BJ and Shogun examples. Those are the two most annoying excuses I hear about.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9440

PostSubject: Re: Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters   Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:20 am

Chrom wrote:
If hendo can KO him Tank could too... but it would have to be in the first 28 seconds, after that Tank turns to turds and gets pummeled on the ground.

28 seconds is a compliment.

That was a good read. Motivated BJ and Old Vitor are the first 2 examples that came to mind. You can't throw a rock without hitting someone who believes in one or both of those.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10262

PostSubject: Re: Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters   Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:25 am

Agreed....I thought it was a great article
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters   Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:20 am

DEP wrote:
Chrom wrote:

That was a good read. Motivated BJ and Old Vitor are the first 2 examples that came to mind. You can't throw a rock without hitting someone who believes in one or both of those.

Yeah Tanks gas tank isn't that big anymore but those first 15-20 seconds could be heck if he ever landed one of those bombs.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15281

PostSubject: Re: Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters   Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:58 am

definitly a good read. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9440

PostSubject: Re: Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters   Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Krieger wrote:
DEP wrote:
Chrom wrote:

Yeah Tanks gas tank isn't that big anymore but those first 15-20 seconds could be heck if he ever landed one of those bombs.

Oh definitely, I watched the Matua fight as a teenager and remember it well. I remember a poll we had at u-f.ca about who the most intimidating fighter in history was, and Tank won handily.

Hey dude you took my parking spo................. nevermind.

Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters Tank%20Abbott

That gray in the beard there, that doesn't mean he's old. All that means is "I've kicked a lot of ass over the years".
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters   Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Heh I have a couple of pictures like that behind my desk with an old fake WWF belt beside it. When kids first meet me they often take a double take at the picture and the belt and assume I was some sort MMA fighter ..... heh I never actually deny it.....

BTW Tank and I do look an awful lot alike..... I am more handsome... lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters   Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Yeah I'd say motivated BJ is probably the most used excuse out of any of these. Another I would have liked to have seen on that list is "Old Tito".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters   Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters Empty

Back to top Go down

Mythical versions of reall MMA fighters
Page 1 of 1